Kansas City Wide Receivers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kansas City Wide Receivers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kansas City Wide Receivers

Postby aussieboy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:32 am

Can anyone see a WR from KC stepping up this yr.

I find it hard to believe that an offense like that cannot produce a 1000 yard receiver.

Does anyone know who was the last QB to throw for 4000 yards and not have a 1000 yard receiver?
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kansas City Wide Receivers

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:45 am

aussieboy wrote:Can anyone see a WR from KC stepping up this yr.

I find it hard to believe that an offense like that cannot produce a 1000 yard receiver.

Does anyone know who was the last QB to throw for 4000 yards and not have a 1000 yard receiver?

Yeah, Trent Green last year! :-D

I guess they just throw it around a la Cleveland, but since their offense is so finely tuned it works out well for everyone. That's why I love Green as a fantasy QB...no one realizes he throws for a ton of yards because the only receiver that gets noticed is Gonzo. Priest gets a ton of yards on dumpoffs also.

After Green, I have no idea...I doubt it has happened.

Edit - I guess I should try to answer the question! If anyone, it'll be Gonzalez. Boerighter and Hall may be part of the offense along with Kennison and Morton (if he heals up from his Achilles' injury), so that just spreads the ball around more.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aussieboy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:01 am

Yeah, I knew Green did it last yr, I was wondering if anyone before him had ever done it.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:18 pm

Not sure about the 4000 yard passer not having a 1000 yard WR question, but I'm planning on taking a flyer late on Kennison. Morton should be out for awhile, Boerighter is nice but more of a possession guy, Parker is a rookie and Hall is no better than a slot WR. If anyone can do it, Kennison can.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:30 pm

MadScott wrote:Not sure about the 4000 yard passer not having a 1000 yard WR question, but I'm planning on taking a flyer late on Kennison. Morton should be out for awhile, Boerighter is nice but more of a possession guy, Parker is a rookie and Hall is no better than a slot WR. If anyone can do it, Kennison can.

Agree totaly. I keep getting Kennison in the last rounds, and im expecting 1000 yards this year from him.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:32 pm

If I took anyone from KC, it would Kennison easily, but for some reason I doubt he'll reach 1000 yds. He hasn't since he came to KC, and I don't expect him to reach it unless Morton's injury is more serious than I think it is.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Recidivist » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:06 am

When people talk about KC's "explosive offense", they're really only referring to Priest and Gonzalez. Beyond those two and T. Green, I'd avoid all KC guys (unless you're in a league where return yardage counts -- then Dante Hall is the equivalent of a top 15ish receiver if, say, you get a point for every 15-20 yards).
Recidivist
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:11 am

i may take hall in a 14 team league. kennison is the best bet out of KC though. boerigter shouldnt even be discussed and im not expecting big things out of hall. didnt tony G get 1000 last year?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mnheadliner » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:12 am

K.C. has receivers? Huh? I am confused. :-? ;-7
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mad benjamin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:46 am

Has Kennison ever had 1000 yards in his career? :-S

I thought heavily about taking a KC wr, but too much risk, too little proven reward. Much like the Pats offense, the ball just gets spread around too much to count on any one guy from week-to-week.

Nate Burleson is expected to start alongside Moss in Minn., tho!
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk