Curtis Martin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Curtis Martin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Curtis Martin

Postby graphix28 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:26 am

do you all think he'll get the goal line carries this year? Personally I think Martin is going to be a huge surprise this year in NY. Pennington is back to form and spirits are high. I think Martin will probably get his chance to make a very nice year for somebody willing to take him.
graphix28
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:36 am

I think C-Mart is in the same boat as Warrick Dunn. Not many goalline carries, though Martin's got a better chance of getting some than Dunn.

But even without more goalline carries, C-Mart should score more than he did last year. Easily.
Last edited by Wesley Walker on Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby NFLknowitall » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:36 am

I agree.... some what. Curtis won't see as many 8 and 9 man fronts like last year with a cast of Penny, Moss and McCarines keeping them back. Lamont Jordan has gotten himself in the coaches doghouse right now and has currently been demoted to 3rd string. Now I don't think that Lamont will ride the bench all year either, but it is looking like Curtis will make a fine 3rd RB for a FF team. He should get around 1,200 to 1,350 yards and 5 to 7 td's if healthy.

Good luck.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby graphix28 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:40 am

yeah, somewhere around there. But he is also pretty good at catching the ball out of the back field. I honestly think Martin is out to prove he is still a great back. Watch out for Martin, he is my surprise of the year.
graphix28
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:46 am

Im pretty high on CMart too.

Has anyone seen a recent report that says someone other than CMart will get goalline carries? All I have seen is the report saying Jordan has been demoted for poor performance. Other than that, I think CMart will be one of the best #3 RBs you can have this yr, and a decent poor mans #2.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sleeper » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:50 am

"He should get around 1,200 to 1,350 yards and 5 to 7 td's if healthy. "

Are there really 24 other RBs who will score that well? Last year, in my scoring system, Tiki and CMart were ranked 23rd and 24th among RBs with worse numbers than you're predicting.
sleeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby graphix28 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:50 am

I watched their last preseason game and martin got the goaline duty in the 1st quarter atleast. but i know Jordan is in the doghouse for now. I think Jordan will definitely be the back up but i'm hoping they stick with Martin at the goal.
graphix28
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:03 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im pretty high on CMart too.

Has anyone seen a recent report that says someone other than CMart will get goalline carries? All I have seen is the report saying Jordan has been demoted for poor performance. Other than that, I think CMart will be one of the best #3 RBs you can have this yr, and a decent poor mans #2.

ask and ye shall receive

Fanball wrote:THE NEWS

According to the New York Post, coach Herman Edwards is planning to get Curtis Martin more red zone carries this year. "Curtis needs to be a guy that can score touchdowns for us, especially when we get in the red zone," Edwards told the Post. "I think if he can score touchdowns along with Lamont being a factor, then you've got a pretty good one-two punch."

OUR VIEW

Well, well, well. Ask and ye shall receive. Yesterday, Martin all but guaranteed 1,500 yards, and we kindly asked him to guarantee 8-10 touchdowns as well before we moved him up our rankings. Don't get too excited, though. Lamont Jordan is still in the mix and Martin's touchdowns have decreased from 10 to seven to two over the past several years. Last year, both got nine carries in goal-to-go situations, with Martin scoring twice and Jordan four times. You'd be wise not to expect more than four or five scores from C-Mart.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby graphix28 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:09 am

Anyone know Martin's bye week off hand?
graphix28
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:10 am

Week 3...pretty early!!!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk