Harrison vs. Alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

Alexander, Harrison, Free Draft Pick

Take Draft Pick
No votes

Total votes : 0

Harrison vs. Alexander

Postby mjgates » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:26 pm

Here's my situation, I have the choice of keeping one player this year or waiving my right for the possibility of a better draft pick, 10 player league, no salary cap, just a live draft where we pick #'s 1-10, then draft in order to 10, then 10 back to 1 to keep it fair. I have Marvin Harrison and Shaun Alexander, what are your thoughts on whether I should keep one of these players or go for a better graft pick. Alexander had a break out year last year, so he is a possible keeper, on the other hand, Marvin Harrison had a great year last year and I feel the colts with vastly improve this year. harrison is Manning's #1 target and can put up some big #'s. generally I would always keep a solid back, but in this case I am just not sure.

Sorry about the dual posts, I wasnt logged in for the first.
mjgates
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:32 am

I think its clear, take Alexander. As he is viewed as a top 3 pick by almost everyone, you could not really get any better (besides get the number one pick and take Marshall...)
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby cwebb » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:42 am

Yes, definitely keep Alexander! He's right up to the top of every draft list, being ranked from two to four, right behind Faulk.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Alexander all the way

Postby bakerybum » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:00 am

I am in a similar situation...and I have no trouble picking Alexander over Harrison. I think Seattle is going to be very competitive this year and when they are in the Red Zone they like to run it. Indy on the other hand, however good they may be, has many possible sources. They have Harrison, but with the addition of the quick Ismail, it could make things tuff. Don't forget Indy also has James, and if he can't do the job, I'm sure Rhodes will!
bakerybum

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk