Cafe Challenge? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cafe Challenge?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cafe Challenge?

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:18 am

Hey Can Chee - where was your squad last night? I know we will be using Yahoo this friday, so I dont want to hear any more excuses about the draft software.

Ill be pretty upset if the football boys dont come strong and represent.

If the baseball fellas thump up on your boys during the season this side will never hear the end of it from the Darkside.

Get ready.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:38 am

Everybody from my end of the squad showed up in the chat. Gambini had to leave and his squad got autdrafted but he told us that in the chatroom. The only two people absent from the chat room were you and Lofunzo.

Besides my team was awesome, the baseball side is lucky we're having a redraft. Plus how do you expect to win when FB got the steal of the draft in William Green at the beginning of the 3rd and Nittany got the other steal in Jeff Garcia at the end of the 3rd.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:57 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Everybody from my end of the squad showed up in the chat. Gambini had to leave and his squad got autdrafted but he told us that in the chatroom. The only two people absent from the chat room were you and Lofunzo.

Besides my team was awesome, the baseball side is lucky we're having a redraft. Plus how do you expect to win when FB got the steal of the draft in William Green at the beginning of the 3rd and Nittany got the other steal in Jeff Garcia at the end of the 3rd.

So what's going on with the challenge??? Did you guys have your draft?

Don't tell me FB really took Willie Green in the 3rd?
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby jumpman8828 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

The draft was majorly messed up, we're redrafting on Yahoo and then importing to Crossover.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:06 pm

After three rounds of my brilliant drafting the football side deliberately packed it in a sabotaged the draft. I was assailed by an endless barrage of sarcasm and in a fit of pique Gambini selected 7 RBs in a row.

In an unparralled display of graciousness I have decided to give up my superior team and have agreed to a redraft.

Redraft Friday on Yahoo with the teams then being moved to Crossover.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:09 pm

Man Mookie, your team couldnt have touched mine, you didn't even take a WR til like the 7th round.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:13 pm

It sounds like the dark side are sore from the thrashing they took in the draft....

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flockers » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:34 pm

What happened at the draft?
Last edited by Flockers on Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby CC » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:35 pm

Lofunzo followed the infamous, but always popular QB-QB-QB-QB-QB-QB-RB-RB-QB strategy selecting Peyton Manning, Daunte Culpepper, Trent Green, Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady, Aaron Brooks, Troy Hambrick, Antwain Smith, and Rich Gannon in the 1st 9 rounds, most of the football people wanted to redraft because we were all really worried he would run away with the league.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:42 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:It sounds like the dark side are sore from the thrashing they took in the draft....

quite the opposite - the Darkside had some solid looking squads.

Of course everything is relevant to the fact that 1 team drafted all QBs, and another drafted all RBs.

This Friday the Football Boys will have no excuses.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk