2004 Player Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2004 Player Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

2004 Player Rankings

Postby sleeper » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:58 pm

Question for the vets whose cheatsheets were compiled for the player rankings.

Did you rank them in order of your prediction for end of year stats or the order in which you would draft them? Subtle difference, but important for players you are predicting to break out.

And thanks for taking the time to put those together. I, as a more inexperienced player, really appreciate it.
sleeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:30 pm

I can't speak for everyone, but I ranked them for end of year stats. I might draft some of the players earlier or later depending on where I think my opponents might take them.

The actual compilation was done a couple weeks ago, so it may not take into effect some of the recent changes.....for example Chris Brown is probably slightly underranked based on his preseason performance.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wolverine » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:23 pm

A few easy steps:

1) I rank the players based on end of year stat projections. I usually seek out the sites I am confident my competitors won't be using.

2) I place the players into tiers, usually in increments of 16 fantasy points for grouping purposes. Personally, I think in terms of tiers mostly and not rank. For example, a difference of 2 fantasy points in your projections shouldn't sway your decision if you like the lower ranked player better for your own personal reasons.

3) Rankings by position then get converted into an overall ranking.

4) I go out to AntSports.Com and collect Average Draft Position (ADP) information so that I have a relative idea on what rounds players are going.

5) Develop my going-in strategy before the draft.

6) I then use rankings, ADP and cheatsheets to be intelligent about my draft, but don't forget my gut by passing by players I just have a "feeling" about even if it goes against your cheatsheet's proverbial wisdom.
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk