Ladainian - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ladainian

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ladainian

Postby STEELtownUSA » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:19 pm

I am starting to doubt how long LT2 can last on his horrible team. These doubts entered my mind when people in my league told me that LT2 might fall to me with the 4th pick. After that I started thinking....With a team like the chargers, your injury risk has to be greater than normal.....and how long can he last being the only player on his team.

Anyone else doubting LT2?
STEELtownUSA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:25 pm

I'm not doubting him. Let those morons let him slip to you 4th pick and then laugh at them.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jumpman8828 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:26 pm

No.

If you pass on him with your 4th pick...you deserve a slap. Just kidding, but seriously, he's the most talented RB in the league, and has proven he's durable.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:28 pm

Ill say it again, the Chargers were just as bad last year, and he scored the 2nd most amount of fantasy points. Laugh at them.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:29 pm

This guy is the new Walter Payton. Hes got good quickness but can lower the shoulder, he never misses a game, and he produces big time on an awful team. If he falls to you with the 4th pick you have to take him.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:50 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:Ill say it again, the Chargers were just as bad last year, and he scored the 2nd most amount of fantasy points. Laugh at them.

Tht's kind of an iffy statement. On one hand they couldnt possible be any worse than last place, 32nd, and I honestly think there's enough teams ready to totally collapse during the season that they may not get the #1 overall again.

However, on the other hand they somehow managed to make their O-line situation, which was horrid last year, even worse. And their WR situation has taken a hit as well.

So in some ways they're better, in other ways they're worse.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:57 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:No.

If you pass on him with your 4th pick...you deserve a slap. Just kidding, but seriously, he's the most talented RB in the league, and has proven he's durable.

I'm not kidding when I say you should be slapped if you pass him up at 4. :-)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:49 pm

He's more than young enough to take the pounding for at least 4 more years if not longer. Before that time elapses though, one would think that the team will develop some other players to help him out. If he falls to you at #4, you grab him and thank your lucky stars.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:55 pm

maddog60 wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:Ill say it again, the Chargers were just as bad last year, and he scored the 2nd most amount of fantasy points. Laugh at them.

Tht's kind of an iffy statement. On one hand they couldnt possible be any worse than last place, 32nd, and I honestly think there's enough teams ready to totally collapse during the season that they may not get the #1 overall again.

However, on the other hand they somehow managed to make their O-line situation, which was horrid last year, even worse. And their WR situation has taken a hit as well.

That is very true, they lost both damian mcintosh and kelvin garmon who were two very good run blockers even though they were awful at pass blocking they will be missed, if im not mistaken jason ball their best lineman is still holding out, and the loss of boston is still big because even if he didnt have a good year last year teams still had to respect his abilities...

Having said all that there is no way i would pass on lt at the 4th spot...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:04 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

dunno how mnay chargers games you guys watched, but i saw em all and the entire season LT dealt with 8 men in the box, entire year. I doubt he'll see 9 this year.

That is very true, they lost both damian mcintosh and kelvin garmon who were two very good run blockers even though they were awful at pass blocking they will be missed, if im not mistaken jason ball their best lineman is still holding out, and the loss of boston is still big because even if he didnt have a good year last year teams still had to respect his abilities...

Having said all that there is no way i would pass on lt at the 4th spot...
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk