Ladainian - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ladainian

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:04 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:Ill say it again, the Chargers were just as bad last year, and he scored the 2nd most amount of fantasy points. Laugh at them.

Tht's kind of an iffy statement. On one hand they couldnt possible be any worse than last place, 32nd, and I honestly think there's enough teams ready to totally collapse during the season that they may not get the #1 overall again.

However, on the other hand they somehow managed to make their O-line situation, which was horrid last year, even worse. And their WR situation has taken a hit as well.

So in some ways they're better, in other ways they're worse.

That is very true, they lost both damian mcintosh and kelvin garmon who were two very good run blockers even though they were awful at pass blocking they will be missed, if im not mistaken jason ball their best lineman is still holding out, and the loss of boston is still big because even if he didnt have a good year last year teams still had to respect his abilities...

Having said all that there is no way i would pass on lt at the 4th spot...

dunno how mnay chargers games you guys watched, but i saw em all and the entire season LT dealt with 8 men in the box, entire year. I doubt he'll see 9 this year.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mad benjamin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:16 pm

Sounds like maybe some guys picking after you are trying to talk you into passing on him. Don't be a fool-- you'll kick yourself if you pass on him.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby inferno19 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:56 pm

Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him. Pick him.

How many other RBs give premiere RB stats, as well as respectable WR numbers? He's GREAT if your league awards pts per catch.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby AGENT » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:34 pm

This news is from John Clayton of ESPN who spoke at a fantasy football convention here in Pittsburgh over the weekend

RB LaDainian Tomlinson (SD) improved his skill set in the offseason - Tomlinson is bigger, stronger and more explosive this year if that is at all possible. He spent the offseason isolating what he felt were his flaws, which included improving his core strength, working on his sprint speed and catching passes out wide. The team intends to use him in more versatile ways this year, not unlike the way St. Louis utilized Marshall Faulk during the team's Super Bowl years.

Our Thoughts: No surprise here, the only debate you should be having is whether LaDainian Tomlinson or Priest Holmes warrants your top pick, but LT2 should go no worse than 2nd in most leagues.
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:46 pm

I had heard that about him too Agent. Good post. And pick him if at all possible.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:52 pm

And just in case you still have doubts about picking LT. Hello...they just signed Rivers...the pressure is off of LT now!
Seriously if LT is there take him without hesitation.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk