Would You Actually Pick Taylor over Lewis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Would You Actually Pick Taylor over Lewis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Would You Actually Pick Taylor over Lewis?

Postby Jedimindtric » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:36 pm

I am considering this move. Both have fallen down to me in the SECOND round as a second back behind Edge. With all the rumors surrounding Lewis' status would I be crazy to pass on him for Taylor? Has anyone else seen this? Tony
There are only 2 places in the league - First place and no place. Tom Seaver
Jedimindtric
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:53 pm

If one of them is going to be your #2, then I'd say Lewis. Even when/if he misses a couple weeks, he's only your #2...not going to be a huge hit to the team. Now if he's your #1, it'd be a different story. But you can settle for those Lewisless weeks midseason with him at #2.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Monty » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:58 pm

deftdelivery wrote:If one of them is going to be your #2, then I'd say Lewis. Even when/if he misses a couple weeks, he's only your #2...not going to be a huge hit to the team. Now if he's your #1, it'd be a different story. But you can settle for those Lewisless weeks midseason with him at #2.

I agree... you can still pick up another RB in the 4th or 5th round that will be good enough when Jamal is out. When Jamal gets back you will own the League ;-D
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:57 pm

Grab Lewis for sure. Just make sure you get Musa Smith in the (very late) rounds. Honestly Smith would probably be a top-10 back behind that line/offensive scheme if he played the whole year.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:00 pm

Since it's your #2 RB, I would also lean towards Lewis. But I think this could also depend on your scoring system. Do receptions count? Is it 1 point for 10 yards or 20 yards? Answers to questions like these could make a difference.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Not even a consideration

Postby kmac » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:05 pm

Pick Lewis. He is a celebrity...the trial will be delayed forever just like the Kobe Bryant case. He will have an awesome season, and you will regret not taking him. Now...If it were a keeper league, I might say otherwise. But Lewis is definitely not going to miss any time this year.
kmac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bagobonez » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:10 pm

I don't see Jamal Lewis cracking the 2,000 yard mark again, but 1,600 yards and 10 TD's is likely, and I'm not sold on Fred Taylor's ability to find the end zone
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby P. Griffin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:12 pm

I agree with the crowd here...even if he misses a couple games, which he and his agent adamently declare he won't (who knows), he'll still put up monster numbers.
P. Griffin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:32 pm

Lewis hands down. You are getting #1 quality, arguablly top 5 quality if there wasn't legal concerns, as your 2nd RB.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fiz » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:41 pm

yet another for lewis... ;-D
fiz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: chillin' out maxin' and relaxin' all cool and all shooting some bball outside of the school

Next

Return to Football Talk