We all need a K, why not John Hall? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

We all need a K, why not John Hall?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jumpman8828 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:23 am

How about in relation to Josh Brown? Seattle's offense is looking mighty explosive this year...
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:46 am

I'd call it a toss up between Hall and Brown but I do think that Hall could have more upside. Depending on scoring, Hall has averaged better than 107 FF pts. for his career which is pretty consistent for a K. Look at the #s that Lohmiller was able to put up and you can see the potential here. To me it's worth the gamble.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spindr » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:34 am

The rule change is an interesting point to be made since that rule change came in after Gibbs retired. The bigger question here is if the Redskins can play any defense at all.

If they can at least be respectable, then Gibbs will let Hall kick long field goals. The rest is up to him.

I do remember one Monday night game where Chip Lohmiller made 4 field goals from beyond 50 yards. At the time it was the highest point total for a kicker in our leagues history.
spindr
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby MadScott » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:29 pm

Just a follow up here. Game 1 under Gibbs, he was 3 of 4 with a miss from 50 yards. Doesn't look like Gibbs is going to be afraid to try the long one. ;-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk