Learning from the Past- Rudi and Dillon to break out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Learning from the Past- Rudi and Dillon to break out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:34 pm

Excellent study, some nice, quality research you put in. ;-D

I have slight worries, but I think Rudi has a good chance of having a great year. I'm not really sure I can say the same about Dillon, but thats just my opinion.

But to assume that 03 would repeat itself in 04, wouldnt it be logical to assume that the same happened between 02 and 03, and 01 and 02 for that matter? I mean wouldn't history have to repeat itself before history repeats itself? :-S

do I make any sense?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LynchPin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:46 pm

Interesting post VHawk15.

IMO, when you boil it down Davis and Lewis had 2 things in common that pointed to their value: 1) they were proven backs, and 2) they were featured in offenses that had a weak QB.

What I see in Johnson and Dillon is that each of them have one of those factors but not both. Johnson is not proven but he's being featured in an offense that has a weak QB. Dillion is proven, but he's in an offense that has a proven QB. I am more inclined to believe Johnson could be a top 7 back though, because he was fairly successful last season and he's only 24.
LynchPin
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby cooleyhigh » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:18 am

Good post and I hope your right since I own both in a dynasty ;-D
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:41 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:Excellent study, some nice, quality research you put in. ;-D

I have slight worries, but I think Rudi has a good chance of having a great year. I'm not really sure I can say the same about Dillon, but thats just my opinion.

But to assume that 03 would repeat itself in 04, wouldnt it be logical to assume that the same happened between 02 and 03, and 01 and 02 for that matter? I mean wouldn't history have to repeat itself before history repeats itself? :-S

do I make any sense?

I understand what you're trying to say. Obviously my theory isn't perfectly logical , but I guess you could say that history can repeat itself with repeating itself every two years. We'll see. ;-)

I'd love to hear more comments about my post, or about Rudi and Dillon's fantasy chances in general.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:03 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Yeah, that was pretty cool V...I (unlike Ghidra) think that Dillon will do really well.

When did I say that Dillon won't do well? :-?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:48 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Yeah, that was pretty cool V...I (unlike Ghidra) think that Dillon will do really well.

When did I say that Dillon won't do well? :-?

I think he may have been referring to the fact that Dillon was the only non-SEC back mentioned, so thus, you didn't think he would do well.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Grim » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:01 pm

I really think Dillon has a chance to go 1500 this year, depending on if he can stay healthy and they use him right. . .I sure hope so anyways cuz the WR scene isn't lookin too good over there
Grim
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benm3218 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:08 pm

Rudi is the real deal!
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:21 pm

Grim wrote:I really think Dillon has a chance to go 1500 this year, depending on if he can stay healthy and they use him right. . .I sure hope so anyways cuz the WR scene isn't lookin too good over there

Fantasy-wise yes, but in real life, they are quite efficient! :-)

That brings me to another question...how good is Dillon's pass-catching ability? 43 catches in 2002 - not bad at all! Maybe could put up 300 yards receiving in this offense. 1600 total yards for a #2 back looks good to me. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mudd » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:33 pm

I'd take either Dillon or Rudi as my #2. In fact, I took Dillon. I think he has the chance to get back to what he was a couple years ago (obviously or wouldn't have drafted him). I think Bellicheck(sp?) is going to LOVE having a guy like Dillon.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk