Who is the main backup QB in StL. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the main backup QB in StL.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the main backup QB in StL.

Postby AGENT » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:15 pm

With Bulger banged up do you think that Bulgers backup will have value in a very deep league
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:17 pm

They have Chandler, who I think is there for mentoring and hopefully won't ever have to play a down, and they have Jeff Smoker as a #3 guy who could turn out to be decent. He has a great arm, but not the best mobility. Could be a great QB if his head is on straight for the future. If you are in a redraft, I would probably pickup Chandler...But keeper or dynasty I would say Smoker is your guy.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:07 pm

Chandler is entrenched as the backup there in Stl. With that said, I certainly wouldn't touch that situation beyond Bulger. As bad as that O-line is right now, if Bulger doesn't survive, Chandler aka the walking concussion has little or no chance to do much. Don't touch the situation.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:11 pm

Chandler is definetly the backup but Smoker is the future, and I think its a bright future if the O-Line can protect him.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:50 pm

I think these guys got it right. ;-D

Chandler is a solid backup with valuable experience to help Bulger and Smoker. Neither him nor Smoker have any real fantasy value though, unless you are in a terribly deep league with like 30 teams.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:57 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:I think these guys got it right. ;-D

Chandler is a solid backup with valuable experience to help Bulger and Smoker. Neither him nor Smoker have any real fantasy value though, unless you are in a terribly deep league with like 30 teams.

I weep for St. Louis if Bulger goes down...Chandler is the backup, but I wouldn't want him in there.

Chandler had quite a few good years, but there's no denying the guy does not have a solid head. Not to be extremely mean, but I would probably put money down that Chandler adds another concussion to his collection this year whether he's actually playing a game or just throwing in practice. The fact that the O-Line in St. Louis has been depleted by injury only increases the chances of injury if he is forced into action.

He'll be good for teaching Bulger some tricks of the trade, but hopefully he won't be needed.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:01 am

Did anyone see those old highlights on MNF last night from Chandler's first go around with the Rams? Vintage stuff there.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Earl Van Dorn » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:03 am

Smoker may turn out to be the future but he won't see the light of day this season unless something goes seriously wrong. Of course given the way the O-line has played so far something may go seriously wrong, Bulger's been hurt before and Chandler is held together with duct tape and baler twine @ this point. Sad but true.

EVD (Rams fanatic)
Earl Van Dorn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:23 am

Earl Van Dorn wrote:Smoker may turn out to be the future but he won't see the light of day this season unless something goes seriously wrong. Of course given the way the O-line has played so far something may go seriously wrong, Bulger's been hurt before and Chandler is held together with duct tape and baler twine @ this point. Sad but true.

EVD (Rams fanatic)

Nice to see another Rams fan around. ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:25 am

IRON CHEF wrote:
Earl Van Dorn wrote:Smoker may turn out to be the future but he won't see the light of day this season unless something goes seriously wrong. Of course given the way the O-line has played so far something may go seriously wrong, Bulger's been hurt before and Chandler is held together with duct tape and baler twine @ this point. Sad but true.

EVD (Rams fanatic)

Nice to see another Rams fan around. ;-D
It's got to be getting close to the regular season. You guys are like roaches coming out of the woodwork. :-b
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk