Offensive Line rankings according to Fanball - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Offensive Line rankings according to Fanball

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby indecisiv » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:12 am

what does this do to those rankings?

click
indecisiv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby blitzburgh31 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:17 am

I,ve been to steelers training camp a lot this year and by no means are we a top ten line but I would say we are better than 23 and i agree rams over pats hmm kinda hoakie
-devildoc-
blitzburgh31
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:15 am

I would have Denver, Seattle and Cincy a little higher than that. San Fran's a little too high.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:39 am

Miami has 3 teams behind it!! WOO HOO!!!!!! :~(
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:15 am

So basically they are giving heavy weighting to the offensive line's ability to run block. I see a lot of lower tier Olines on that list that give their QBs plenty of time to drop back and pass.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dub-Dub » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:19 am

Anyone else think that Oakland Oline should be a lot better this year?
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:33 am

Those are not very good, Indianapolis is a top pass-blocking line but isnt very good in blocking for the run. Here are my past rankings.

I'll give my top 10 and bottom 5 rankings.

Top 10

1. Kansas City - C Wiegmann, LG Waters, RG Shields, LT Roaf return and RT Welbourn should offset the loss of RT John Tait that paved the way for Priest Holmes to put up 27 TDs last year.

2. Green Bay - The entire line returns and could be even better than last years line that helped Ahman Green rush for 1883 yards and gave up the least sacks in the league.

3. Seattle - When he plays LT Walter Jones and LG Steve Hutchinson make up the best left side in the league, RT Chris Terry is very good on the right side.

4. Baltimore - LT Ogden and RT Orlando Brown are two of the most physically imposing tackles in the league and head one of the best rushing lines in the NFL.

5. Denver - C Nalen heads a mobile, workmanlike line that has made Mike Shanahan's running attacks famous.

6. Oakland - The additions of LT Robert Gallery and C Jake Grove improve a monstrous line that should suit Norv Turner's smashmouth running game perfectly.

7. Minnesota Vikings - Birk is one of the best centres in the league and Bryant McKinnie should have a breakout season this year for a line that contributes greatly to one of the best running and passing games in the league.

8. New Orleans - RT Victor Riley paves the way for Deuce McAllister with lots of help from RG Kendell Jacox and C LeCharles Bentley. Left side is nowhere near as strong but Gandy is a decent LT.

9. Philadelphia - Massive tackles Tra Thomas and John Runyan are only the beginning as guards Shawn Andrews and Jermane Mayberry are also very good. Fraley is a nice compliment at centre.

10. Indianapolis - LT Glenn, C Saturday, and RT Diem are good but guards DeMulling and Peko leave much to be desired. The solid bookends lead to Indy having a very good pass-blocking line but only a mediocre run-blocking line.

Note: St. Louis would be #10 if Pace wasn't holding out of training camp, Turley didn't have back injury concerns, and McCollum wasn't forced to play centre.

Bottom 5

5. Atlanta - A no-name O-line could lead to Vick taking a few big hits, this is possibly the Falcon's biggest weakness.

4. New York Giants - Apart from outstanding LT Luke Petitgout this O-line is atrocious, this won't help Tiki have a bounceback season or make Eli's introduction to the NFL any more comfortable.

3. Cleveland - There's a reason the Browns were trying to trade up to get LT Robert Gallery in the draft, in the off-season the Browns chose not to improve their O-line and improve on other positions (QB) instead. This decision could come back to haunt them.

2. Miami - The line is completely revamped but is still not very good, if someone gets injured this line will be even worse as there is no depth. Then again it's not like they have anyone to block for.

1. San Diego - After a terrible season, the Charger's line got worse and the glaring weakness in the trenches only makes LT2's assault on the record books more impressive. The Chargers will likely address the O-line with one of their two probably top-10 picks in the draft next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zombiez » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:39 am

blitzburgh31 wrote:I,ve been to steelers training camp a lot this year and by no means are we a top ten line but I would say we are better than 23 and i agree rams over pats hmm kinda hoakie
....I agree with that, but thats ok, they will get the respect they deserve by the end of the season
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:10 pm

Note: St. Louis would be #10 if Pace wasn't holding out of training camp, Turley didn't have back injury concerns, and McCollum wasn't forced to play centre.

Just wanted to note that center is Mcollum's natural position, he is better suited there than at guard. You should have mentioned Wohlabough is out for the year instead of that. :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:24 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:

Just wanted to note that center is Mcollum's natural position, he is better suited there than at guard. You should have mentioned Wohlabough is out for the year instead of that. :-b

Thats what I meant, plus Wohlabough wasn't officially out for the season when i did those rankings.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk