Kmac not Budging - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kmac not Budging

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kmac not Budging

Postby Ghostrider » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:59 pm

Monday, August 23, 2004

ESPN.com news services
If you think Keenan McCardell is getting itchy to end his lengthy holdout and report to the Buccaneers, think again.

Keenan McCardell
Wide Receiver
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2003 SEASON STATISTICS
Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC
84 1174 8 14.0 76 324

In fact, on Monday's NFL Live broadcast on ESPN, the receiver said he's so displeased Tampa Bay won't renegotiate his deal that he's willing to sit out the entire 2004 season.

McCardell is scheduled to earn $2.5 million this year and $2.75 million in 2005. But after making 84 catches for 1,174 yards and eight touchdowns last season, the two-time Pro Bowl selection wants to be paid closer to the average salary for No. 1 receivers in the NFL
Ghostrider
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Holdout

Postby adidas3892 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:03 am

He will end his dumb holdout eventually. He's not just going to sacrafice money for the heck of it.
adidas3892
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LynchPin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:07 am

McCardell should give Deuce Staley a call.
LynchPin
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:16 am

it would be pretty stupid of him to sit out the whole season. preseason is one thing, and maybe a few regular season games, but if he sits out tthe entire season he will lose a lot of value.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LynchPin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:24 am

portisfan24 wrote:it would be pretty stupid of him to sit out the whole season. preseason is one thing, and maybe a few regular season games, but if he sits out tthe entire season he will lose a lot of value.

It would be stupid because he still has 2 years left on his contract. If he sits out this year is he going to try to come back to the team next year as if this never happened or sit out a second year and then go into free agency as a 36 year old WR who hasn't played in 2 years?
LynchPin
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:27 am

He seems pretty firm about holding out. Tampa Bay looks pretty firm too, given the mess of WRs they have there I doubt they are going to think twice about moving forward without him.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Kmac

Postby Ghostrider » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:37 am

So is he worth drafting this year or would it be better to stay away?

I've got him as my #2 in one league that drafted early behind Holt and with Krob. Should I go find a replacement?
Ghostrider
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Kmac

Postby MadScott » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:47 am

Ghostrider wrote:So is he worth drafting this year or would it be better to stay away?

I've got him as my #2 in one league that drafted early behind Holt and with Krob. Should I go find a replacement?
You are talking about McCardell right? It's not going to hurt to hold onto him right now but you may want to start checking the WW to see what is available.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk