JP Losman breaks leg....does anyone care? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

JP Losman breaks leg....does anyone care?

Moderator: Football Moderators

JP Losman breaks leg....does anyone care?

Postby zippydayglow » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:55 am

I'm a big Bills fan, so this news cuts me a bit deeper then the normal FFL player... but honestly, in my 10 team, 3 deep QB league, I don't think he was drafted.

So, does anybody think he was going to play this year anyhow?
Do the Bills look for a new veteran QB to back up Bledsoe.
And does anyone care?
Bills Fan trapped between Philly and Bal-mer.
Lord, give me strength....
zippydayglow
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingNothing31685 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:00 am

i thought i read this somewhere else on here....that sucks for JP though he looked really good.....go to the draft questions and answer mine...no one is around over there and i could use the help!.....peace
fantasy football is alot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most people really don't know what they are doing.
KingNothing31685
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby zippydayglow » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:01 am

You did. I missed it. Messed up my monitor settings or haven't woke up and smelled the coffee. My apologies.
Bills Fan trapped between Philly and Bal-mer.
Lord, give me strength....
zippydayglow
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Big Pimpin' » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:30 am

Here is an article on this. Word was orginally that Troy Vincent railed him but Vincent explained himself in this article.

Gregg Pastore, buffalobills.com
08/24/2004 8:45 PM
Rookie quarterback J.P. Losman has suffered a broken leg and will be out indefinitely. Such injuries typically require a recovery time of 8-12 weeks.

Losman went down during 11-on-11 action with 25 minutes left in practice and was helped into a cart and driven off to the locker room.

The first-round draft pick was injured when he made contact with cornerback Troy Vincent while he was finishing up a run to the right side during a two-minute drill. He got up immediately and started limping before falling back to the ground, where team trainers attended to him for about five minutes before he was carted off the field.

"I was running and keeping him from going out of bounds and he was cutting back and our shoulder pads just barely grazed on his cutback," said Vincent. "At the same time he was planted I think our shoulder pads met."

"I don't think anything was intentional," Mularkey said. "I think it was accident out on the field. Troy is not going to hurt anybody and J.P. loosened up at the end. You can't do that."

After noticing Losman was still down, Vincent went over to check on him.

"I had finished the play and I hadn't realized that he had fallen," Vincent said. "He had said that he caught the edge of my shoulder pads on my cutback and he had got twisted up on the ground. I just wanted to make sure he was ok."

Losman, the second of the team's two first-round draft picks, has been guilty of taking unnecessary hits from defenders as opposed to sliding to avoid the hit.

"He's an aggressive guy," said Vincent. "Over time with maturity he'll learn. J.P. plays on edge and he'll learn to slide. In this particular practice today it wasn't a live drill. It was a two-minute situation and the last people we want to hit are the quarterbacks. We know red jerseys are not allowed."

A two-time captain who set the Tulane career record for lowest interception percentage in school history, Losman was the first quarterback taken in the first round by the Bills since Jim Kelly was drafted with the 14th pick in 1983.

Notes: Starting offensive tackle Jonas Jennings left practice early after sustaining an ankle injury during a linemen drill. Wide receiver Eric Moulds was given day off to recover from a chest injury that occurred during Saturday's Titans game. Punter Brian Moorman returned to practice for the first time in nearly a week. Starting running back Travis Henry missed his second straight practice with bruised ribs. Cornerback Terrence McGee, safety Mark Graham (hamstring), and offensive lineman Marcus Price (foot) also did not practice.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:35 am

Well, I don't have him in my dynasty league, so, no I dont care. I think more people might care next year, because Losman is going to be behind the ball in his progression as a QB and by next year if the Bills aren't winning big time, they will be calls to start the new guy.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:01 am

I am not in a dynasty league (unfortunately) so this injury doesn't really affect me. It's too bad though since he had been looking good from what I had heard about him so far..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:09 am

The idea that "No one cares" about Losman's broken leg is a little unfeeling, isn't it. Good fantasy football owners are fans of the game in general -- and anyone who loves the game as a whole should have been excited about Losman's chances coming into this season. Yes, we know that he was buried behind Bledsoe on the depth chart, but his performances this preseason have been impressive, to say the least. I am in no ways a Bills fan, but I'm definitely saddened and as a fan of the game, I DO care, when a promising young player with a lot to offer the game as a whole is dealt such a big setback.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:12 am

Bah this sucks. Who is Mularkey gonna sit Bledsoe for in week 10? I guess Losman might be healed by then.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby King Titan » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:48 pm

I actually liked what I saw from him so far - albeit against 2nd half scrubs. He's alot more athletic than the other 3 QB's drafted ahead of him. Could be the second coming of Don The Magic Man Majkowski ...... Imagine that!

Honestly though The Kid has a bright future if he locks himself in the film room ..
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Lung » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:58 pm

I think your question was asked from a fantasy perspective and that answer should be a resounding "no."

However, I too was excited to see how the guy would do. The guy had 80 yards rushing on just 7 carries over two games! I think Bledsoe will be benched towards the middle of the season and Losman would have been brought in. Maybe he will still play in week 17 against the Steelers in what should be a meaningless game for both teams.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to Football Talk