Tim Brown as Tampa's No. 2 WR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tim Brown as Tampa's No. 2 WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Charles Lee

Postby purestrength » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:11 pm

From what I saw of Charles Lee last year, he's waaaay better than the current version of Tim Brown.

I know Lee is injured now, but I don't believe it's serious.

Also, me thinks the Bucs should try to get McCardell into practice ASAP.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wizbang » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:13 pm

We're not far off. As a change of pace ball carrier and short yardage guy there is no doubt that Alstott has been very effective. I just can't see him taking over if Garner fell to injury.

I disagree on the FB position though. I think we're more likely to see a TE revolution at FB than guys like Alstott. IE guys like Dallas Clark and Graham playing both spots. There simply aren't many guys strong enough to take on LBs through the hole and also slide back to TB. To me, receiving abilities are more important than pure running abilities for NFL FBs. Alstott has certainly been a unique player but he gets to the probowl because of his running and MOST of those plays come from a standard tailback position. He is NOT a strong lead blocker (in the Gash, Schles mold). That is what irks me about his making the probowl as a fullback.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Charles Lee

Postby LynchPin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:24 pm

purestrength wrote:Also, me thinks the Bucs should try to get McCardell into practice ASAP.

I don't know what they could possibly do to get McCardell into camp. He wants a new contract with 2x the pay. The Bucs (and any other team) would be stupid to pay a 34 year old WR $5M/yr.

EDIT: As a Bucs fan, I am holding out hope that in the week before the first regular season game McCardell will come to his senses. There is no upside for him to sit out the year. If he does, he will simply forfeit his $2.5M salary, he'll be a year older, and he'll still be under contract for 2005.
LynchPin
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:46 pm

I'm trying to avoid the Bucs crop of receivers this season, its just a mess out there. !+)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk