Any predictions to when Maimi will make a decision? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any predictions to when Maimi will make a decision?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any predictions to when Maimi will make a decision?

Postby Patsy Player » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:12 pm

I snagged Anderson and Jackson, and Have Bettis.....all names mentioned. Does anyone know when Miami will make it's move? I also read something that Davey wants to see homw Morris does. I know there are other posts in here about this, just wanted to know a time table.

Thanks guys
Patsy Player
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:18 pm

I think that Miami is going to wait and see how Minor and Morris do in the next preseason game-

I know that Dante Brown and Verron Haynes have also been mentioned as possible candidates-
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:26 pm

I havent Bettis being mentioned. :-?

Dante Brown, Verron Haynes, Mike Anderson, James Jackson

I think that is the motley crue they are aiming for.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby caneblood » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:40 pm

Why is Miami looking at 2nd tier backs. We should offer a 1st and 3rd or 1st and 2 3rd's for a back like Onterrio Smith or Travis Henry/McGahee (the Bills will lose one of them next summer anyway). A 1st round pick is pretty much useless for the Phins regardless of how high it is. They'll just take a John Avery/Yatil Green/Cecil Collins type player. God forbid a good player should actually slip to us in a need position (like Kelley Washington in the 2nd last year) cause then we really get frazzled and end up drafting a back up special teams player instead.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:43 pm

They should keep the draft pick and then get
A. Edge
B. Shaun Alexander
C. Travis Henry
in the offseason. Take the bullet this year, and get a nice back for the next few years.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:26 pm

caneblood wrote:Why is Miami looking at 2nd tier backs. We should offer a 1st and 3rd or 1st and 2 3rd's for a back like Onterrio Smith or Travis Henry/McGahee (the Bills will lose one of them next summer anyway). A 1st round pick is pretty much useless for the Phins regardless of how high it is. They'll just take a John Avery/Yatil Green/Cecil Collins type player. God forbid a good player should actually slip to us in a need position (like Kelley Washington in the 2nd last year) cause then we really get frazzled and end up drafting a back up special teams player instead.

Who says Miami hasn't tried to get a better back? In fact, I'm sure they have. The problem is no one wants to trade them for the most part. And yeah, the Fins have no late round good picks...Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor and Chris Chambers and Patrick Surtain were all first round picks.....oh wait, they weren't!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk