Fluke=Steve Smith? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fluke=Steve Smith?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ousmagic » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:09 pm

i agree steve smith will be great this year but how do u guys have him ranked compared to coles, santana moss, horn and mason, cause i feel like smith will be great this year but i dont know if i should take him above those guys
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:16 pm

So far I have Smith ranked below Mason but above all of those other guys. Now that he is the top option he can really use his quickness and cutting ability to get those long bombs and be open for the short stuff. If he is still returning punts he could add a few more TD's to his total.

If you're on a MB sig, you have to be good. :-) I only draw up the best!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:29 pm

I also like Steve Smith, but am very suprised that the vast majority of the Cafe seems to agree with me. It must have been Santana Moss, but it seemed that a few months ago, Smith was being labeled as unproven and very risky.

But anyway, I think he's a borderline #1 WR, and a great #2.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:49 pm

I also think Smith will be solid again this year. I'll add that the new "enforcing" of the illegal contact rule should help shifty, quick receivers such as himself S. Moss, Ward, Harrison.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby irishboy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:51 pm

i completely agree that he was a fluke. carolina is going down this year on offense, especially with their demolished o-line
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Judono » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:59 pm

Something tells me he will not finish out the season. Maybe he'll kick the crap out of a ref during a game and be suspended for the year. ;-)
Judono Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MadScott » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:59 am

I'm on the Smith bandwagon as well. Should be borderline top 10 and may get in. Delhomme should be more settled in his position this year and I think that the addition of Kerry Colbert(sp?) to the WR corps will actually help Smith.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Halcyon » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:09 am

Just to be different, I'm going to agree that he was a fluke. Everybody on that Carolina team did better than expected--did everybody come into their own, or was it a bunch of career years adding to each other? I think they'll sink down a little in all categories, Smith included. He won't be bad, but I don't think he'll match last year's numbers.

And yes, I'm on record saying that. You can all laugh at me in a few months, I don't mind. :*)
Halcyon Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:03 am

irishboy wrote:i completely agree that he was a fluke. carolina is going down this year on offense, especially with their demolished o-line

ROFL.

A bitter Cowboy's fan. What did your team do this offseason? Sign the oldest quarterback and oldest running back it could find? Then make them starters? That's a heck of a plan, there.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:06 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I wouldn't be so comfortable drafting him if he didn't light it up in the postseason, that coupled with his strong showing during the season makes him a decent #1 and a good #2.

WRONG!
It makes him a fantastic #1. How could you possibly argue he is only a great #2. Your braindead.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk