What should I do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What should I do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What should I do?

Postby Buck_meister » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:03 pm

I am new to this forum and was wondering if someone could help me with my roster. The fantasy league I am in was done by automated draft. I thought I had a pretty good team, but judging from the results from week one I am beginning to wonder. Here is my roster:
Jeff Garcia QB
Emmitt Smith RB
Mike Alstott RB
Terrell Owens WR
Derrick Mason WR
Todd Heap TE
Jay Feely K
Dolphins DT
Back ups are:
Tom Brady QB
Chris Chambers WR
DeShaun Foster RB
Ernie Conwell TE
Brett Conway K
BucsDT

I was thinking about dropping DeShaun Foster and picking up either Kevin Barlow, Clinton Portis, T. J. Duckett or Thomas Jones at running back. I don't feel like Emmitt or Alstott will get me many points during the season. I was also thinking about picking up Randy McMichael at TE and dropping Ernie Conwell. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Buck_meister
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:09 pm

ur rbs are a major problem. if i were u id trade owens for the best rb u could get a plug in chambers as ur second wr. or maybe trade owens and emmit/alstott for a good rb and an ok wr.

if u cant improve on those backs ur gonna be in trouble this year.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:13 pm

I agree that your RB's can be a problem for you this year.Alstott doesn't need to be on your team (no FB does)....This is what I would do....drop Conwell and pickup Portis.....drop Alstott and pickup Barlow.....then drop Conway and pickup Duckett.This should give you major depth at RB.As soon as Foster comes back,you will want to plug him in your lineup ASAP.Also,you maybe could trade a back or somebody for another backup WR.
n_tremain23

Postby kashikis » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:29 am

tremain is a 100% right you MUST get better RB or you dont stand a chance the two players that must be dropped for better ones are your K conway and alstott he is worth nothing especially this year with pittman there now

after you drop those too go after portis and barlow they will both see more action than alstott would have also duckett would be a good choice considering he will split time with dunn in atlanta

DO NOT get rid of foster i drafted him injured as a backup for the second half of the season he will take lamar smith's job in carolina so keep him
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jorge » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:37 am

looks like you picked your wideouts way too early. if you start 2 backs and 2 (or 3) wr you should always pick featured backs before you even consider touching any wideouts. spending a high pick on a wideout may look good on paper but these guys are just way too irregular to carry a team every week. you have more chance of getting beat by somebody's waiver pickups building your team on wideouts and qbs.
jorge

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk