Some Line-up Advice Requested from the Gridiron Geniuses - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Some Line-up Advice Requested from the Gridiron Geniuses

Moderator: Football Moderators

Some Line-up Advice Requested from the Gridiron Geniuses

Postby Gridiron Goddess » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:14 pm

Hey, guys!

I'm a chick who is FINALLY being allowed to participate in her first year of FF with an entire league of men..... and I could use a little help with my starting line-up for this coming week. I've been a football fan since I was a kid watching the Sunday game with my father, but I get quite a bit of flack from the guys for being a woman AND being blonde (somehow that makes me less of a competitor?). Enough said. I feel confidant with my player choices but am running into some confusion on who to start for this upcoming week that will give me the greatest advantage (especially after that crazy first week of play!). We start 3 WR's and 2 RB's. My team is as follows:

QB
Daunte Culpepper

RB
Anthony Thomas
Deuce McAllister
Travis Henry
Clinton Portis

WR
David Boston
Terry Glenn
Quincy Morgan
Derrius Thompson

TE
Jeremy Shockey
Randy McMichael

DEF
SF and NYJ

Daunte Culpepper and David Boston are givens. The rest is up for discussion.

Any and all input from you pro's would be extraordinary.

Thanks!
Gridiron Goddess

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:28 pm

QB-Cullpepper is one of the best QB's in the league.Enough said!He not only threw for 235 yds in the opener but ran a TD in also.Look for him to start getting 25-50 yds. a game rushing as the Vikings offense starts to widen up.

RB-Thomas didn't have a great game in the opener,but look for him to come back with 100+ yds.He is also starting to be a better receiving back.Deuce took a beating in the opener,but showed that he can handle carrying the ball full-time.Henry brokeout for a great game in the opener,he is a very talented back,but watchout for his inconsistency.Portis didn't have the awesome game everyone was looking for in the opener,but he's being patient and slowly going to emerge as a premier back for Denver.

WR-Boston had a great game,look for more of the same from him.Morgan had a great game,and could possibly put up some big numbers this year.Glenn is really unreliable and it's not too good to have him as your #2.

TE-Looks good,Shockey will slowly develop into a Top 5 TE and McMichael is possibly the biggest TE sleeper.

DEF-Two Top 20 team defenses,not bad!Niners defense had a great game in the opener,start them over the Jets.
n_tremain23

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:35 pm

i agree with ntremain23's analysis. for your second wr u should find someone who could help u week in and week out. glenn will be inconsistent but so will morgan and thompson. id play glenn this week because he is the only wr of the three who is the #1 on his team. he also plays a new orleans defense plagued by free agent losses.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Thanks

Postby Gridiron Goddess » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:27 pm

Thanks for your thoughts -- they are much appreciated.

Two more questions: If you were picking WR's, RB's and a TE from that group, who would you start this week? And since I'm lacking at WR most, do you have any sleeper suggestions I should check out?
Gridiron Goddess

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:56 pm

id start the players u have at each position in the order they are listed. ur sleeper wrs are pretty good i dont know who might be available in ur league.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:37 pm

I think the advice above is excellent: you've got your RBs and WRs in the right order for this week.

There may still be sleeper WRs available, but I'm not sure that any will be better than what you have. Keep an eye on guys like Bates, Walker or Branch, though.

And as far as the flack is concerned... Don't stand for any! :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gridiron Goddess » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:58 pm

Funny you should mention Walker, Arlo -- I have him as well, but forgot to list him. I'm also wondering about a back-up QB. Can I wait to pick one up or am I asking for trouble? I dumped my initial back-up QB to pick up an extra WR. Because I'm thin at WR I've been shuffling them around a bit and trying to pick up as many possible pointmakers as I can. If you think I should pick up the extra QB, who should I drop?

And how does this team look overall for a 12-team league?

As for the flack -- I'm keepin' up with the trash talk, rest assured. ;-D
Gridiron Goddess

Postby Arlo » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:07 pm

Drop a TE. Backing up your QB is far more important than having an extra TE on your roster.

And in a 12-team league, I'd rank you among the contenders for the title, even if Portis doesn't turn into a feature back... I like that mix of top-quality talent at the key positions combined with some solid sleeper gambles.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gridiron Goddess » Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:44 pm

Thanks, Ben Kenobi!

Thoughts on that last bit from anybody else?
Gridiron Goddess

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:48 pm

i agree with arlo. drop mcmichael for a qb. get shane matthews if u can!

overall that is a very good team. u could definately win it all!
;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Football Talk