Torry Holt - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Torry Holt

Moderator: Football Moderators

Torry Holt

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:50 am

It's time for Torry Holt to return to Earth... Mark my words, he finishes out of the top 4 for sure...

The Rams look terrible... That line is utter crap... They left the starting line in against the 2nd and 3rd string KC defense when they subbed in Chandler for Bulger Monday night, and STILL they were getting pushed around in the trenches...

IF Orlando Pace signs sometime soon, it will help, but not THAT much... He can't control the entire line of scrimmage by himself...

Last year when Bulger was playing behind a good line he threw just as many picks as TD's... What do you think happens when he's running for his life every play, and picking himself up out of the dirt afterwards?

Add to that the fact that this year Holt will be doubled every play leaving a very good Isaac Bruce in one-on-one coverage, against lesser cornerbacks, on the other side of the field, and I see a whole lot of dumping off to Bruce, and MUCH fewer deep balls to Holt in the endzone...

If you only have 2 seconds to throw, there is no setting up the deep ball, and when you have the option of throwing to a guy that is double covered every down or a very solid receiver on the other side of the field that is one-on-one against the defense's 2nd CB, who do you throw to?

Mark my words: Torry Holt falls back to Earth this year... He will still be in the same class as Hines Ward, but nowhere near Randy Moss...

If you're smart, you'll bump Bruce up a spot or two on your board, and NOT take Torry Holt before the top 14 RB's are gone...

;-D
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:52 am

Ill say 1300 yards and 7 TDs for Holt. Not worth where he is going. Whats the overunder on Bulger getting hurt? :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby benm3218 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:00 am

I agree, been saying the same thing.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:02 am

I've been saying 'career year' ever since the end of last season for Holt. Nice of everyone else to jump on board 5 months later ;).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:04 am

I'VE been saying the same thing.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dub-Dub » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:50 am

I've been feeling carear year as well... but drafted him anyway. Oops. rationalized that I really can not be SO in touch with FF that I can predict the precipitious drop of a player who "everyone else" is still sayinig is a supa-stud.
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:53 am

Dub-Dub wrote:I've been feeling carear year as well... but drafted him anyway. Oops. rationalized that I really can not be SO in touch with FF that I can predict the precipitious drop of a player who "everyone else" is still sayinig is a supa-stud.

Well, clearly a lot of folks that are very much in touch with FF agree with you...

Good news, however....

Because everyone else has him as a superstud, you have yourself some great trade bait... You could either pair him up with a good RB and bump up to Moss and a decent back... OR you could pair him up with a decent back and bump up to a good WR and an elite back... Your choice...

But hit that trading block quick....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Holy

Postby Ghostrider » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:54 am

Seems everyone has been saying "The Same Thing"

Did no one pick Holt last year?

I've got Bruce and Holt on the same team, should I try and trade Holt and Keep Bruce? ( Auto draft lg)
Ghostrider
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Holy

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:56 am

Ghostrider wrote:Seems everyone has been saying "The Same Thing"

Did no one pick Holt last year?

I've got Bruce and Holt on the same team, should I try and trade Holt and Keep Bruce? ( Auto draft lg)

Yep... Sell Holt high... He's in for a dip in value...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Dub-Dub » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:21 am

I hate trading before the season... grrrr.
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk