Redskins tender offer to Coles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Redskins tender offer to Coles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:28 pm

thats tru nero, i would say the skins have almost as good a chance as nyj to win the superbowl next. im sick of all u redskins haters. its not the bengals were talking about here. coles is absolutely perfect for spurriers system (even tho he is a nole).

ramsey will have a great O line and a very solid wr corps next year. he definately didnt have that last year... lets see what he can do now.

dont worry danny... steve... i believe in u!
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nero » Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:30 pm

sick of redskins haters?????

better find another board ;)
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:21 pm

I think Coles finally showed his @$$ to the public....He was a troubled youth, then had problems at FSU and now his had has got too big for his shoulders.......I say let him go to Washington and let Spurrier deal with him.......He's gonna turn out to be another Terry Glenn.....and as far as this helping the Redskins, well, I think the Washington may win 8 games this year......thus, ending the Spurrier era....
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:40 pm

Nero wrote:so do I ... but I ain't getting 13 mil signing bonuses...

in spite of the "winning is everything" mantra, Coles makes sense. In this thread it's mentioned that teams aren't dynasties anymore so why not? Get the cash, you pretty much have an equal chance at getting the ring with any team these days.

I'll disagree.

I think it's easy to say that there is parody in the NFL. But fact of the matter is the good teams are the good teams. The winning teams are the winning teams. SF, NYG, GB, Den, OAK type teams that have been consistantly competitive. There's parody from THOSE teams. Everybody else is a crapshoot.

The Jets are no lock for the AFC championship again....maybe even the playoffs...but I think they have a shorter road to walk then Washington. That's fine..whatever. Coles can go to Washington and they'll still have no QB.

I know there's one person that's happy about all this...

Santana.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nero » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:58 pm

Parody in the NFL? Only the players who say "it isn't the money" ;)

on the topic of parity however you've named teams that are on their last legs of being what they typically were.

SF, with the loss of Debartolo isn't the same...the Giants are no force, GB fades with Favre's decline, Den didn't make the playoffs and if you believe that Plummer is going to be another Elway then I'd love to be in your league next year. Oakland is a very good team but their decline is imminent...

Now look at the recent history of the league.. St Louis built quick and faded quick, Tennessee up and down, Carolina and Jax almost gave us an expansion super bowl. Chicago 2 years ago, SD and TB last year, Cleveland...on and on...

What these teams share is that they were together as units and filled in a missing piece or two...that simply isn't the case anymore. Teams are offering shorter contracts which lead to more movement. It's coming down to who can get their chemistry down faster than the rest...the more moving parts you have the more chance for breakdown. The teams you mentioned have less of these parts at the moment...wait a couple of seasons and the field is even for all.
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Slingblade » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:35 pm

it makes me sick when players just want more money...hell id love to making just 250,000 a year....what most of them make...jesus christ....bunch of greedy bastards
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:43 pm

Go here and e-mail him with what you think about this...I just did.
http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.asp?strSection=email&ID=28829
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:17 pm

9ers have been competative since Vick was born. Giants were in the playoffs yet they are no force? Gb is still GB and last i checked Farve isn't retired. Oakland only went to the SB last year and you tell me who is gonna have better odds to do so again this year.

Saint Louis was an injured oline short of another playoff berth, Tennesee may be boring but they've never been "down". Ask Gutt how good Tenn is. TB has been good for almost a decade..

You say all the teams I stated are on their last legs? Well they're always in the playoff hunt and they're always competative. Must be one hell of a leg.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:38 pm

i think its that mysterious third leg he's talkin bout aww! ;-)

anywho...id have to agree with you. those teams are no where near being on their last leg now...or anytime soon.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:51 pm

them artificial legs are much better than they used to be!! :-D
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk