any thought on Plexico - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

any thought on Plexico

Moderator: Football Moderators

any thought on Plexico

Postby john4186 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:22 am

Where are people drafting him. I know he had a bad year last year, but he is usually pretty reliable.
john4186
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:30 am

I'd say he's thought of on the back end of the #2 WR's. If you can get him as a #3, I think you may have a nice value pick.

It's mostly up to Plaxico himself to have a good season (since he dropped so many balls last year). You know he's going to get open because Ward demands so much attention. The real key is going to be that run game. It has been the cornerstone of every good Steelers squad, and if Staley and Jerome can keep defenses honest, then the passing game should do pretty well.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby blitzburgh31 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:34 am

i say he will be one to watch for this year next year he is a free agent and will be looking to raise his value. so look for him to give 125%
-devildoc-
blitzburgh31
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby AGENT » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:16 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I'd say he's thought of on the back end of the #2 WR's. If you can get him as a #3, I think you may have a nice value pick.

It's mostly up to Plaxico himself to have a good season (since he dropped so many balls last year). You know he's going to get open because Ward demands so much attention. The real key is going to be that run game. It has been the cornerstone of every good Steelers squad, and if Staley and Jerome can keep defenses honest, then the passing game should do pretty well.

Well said! I would like to add that Plaxico should see more action than normal. Especailly since many teams will have to keep an eye on Duce out of the backfield. I expect alot of teams to play the nickel against the steelers more often and this could allow Burress to see many ops downfield and especailly if they go more to a zone nickel he will be open on those quick post routes that he is usally good at.
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk