S. Davis
Dunn
T. Jones
K. Jones
J. Jones
Tiki
Suggs
Garner
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby King Titan » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:43 am

Plindsey88 wrote:I assume you mean 1200+, if so:

Holmes
LT2
Deuce
Alexander
Edge
Portis
Jamal
Taylor
Barlow
Dillon
Dom Davis
Rudi Johnson
Griffin
Brown
Westbrook
Bennett

Near misses 1000-1200:

Henry
Martin
Staley
S. Davis
Dunn
T. Jones
K. Jones
J. Jones
Tiki
Suggs
Garner

Do you really think guys like Griffin and Westbrook are going to get the rock enough to get 1200? 250 carries you have to avg 4.8 to get to 1200. I'm just not sold that either one will get the ball enough.
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

King Titan wrote:Do you really think guys like Griffin and Westbrook are going to get the rock enough to get 1200? 250 carries you have to avg 4.8 to get to 1200. I'm just not sold that either one will get the ball enough.

Westbrook will NOT get 1200 yards rushing. 1200 combo yards seems quite likely.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:04 am

Westbrook rushed last year for over 600 yards on under 120 carries. Do the math. Now if you think there's a particular reason for his ypc to drop significantly, it's going to stay on the plus side of 5 ypc. If anything higher ypc should go up. The threat of a passing game (any D coordinator who actually considered Pinkston and Thrash threats needed to be fired) would prevent defenses from focusing on him and the running game, thus allowing for more big gains.

Predicting Chris Brown, TJ Duckett, and Kevin Jones ahead of Westbrook seems a bit ridiculous. What have these guys done to prove they can get those yards? Duckett and Brown have 3.9 ypc averages. Westbrook was a full 1.3 ypc higher than both of them, and Kevin Jones is entirely unproven in an offense that until it actually performs is all hype at this point.

And Griffin. Well, Denver RBs have a trend of success. Griffin looks to nearly have the job all locked up. If Denver can't produce a 1200 yard RB, I'll be shocked, especially in the porous AFC West.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AGENT » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:12 pm

One guy i think you both left off this list is Curtis Martin.

I will PROMISE YOU that Martin will have 1200+
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:27 pm

maddog60 wrote:Westbrook rushed last year for over 600 yards on under 120 carries. Do the math.

Wait a second. Was that a serious statement? I'm going to assume it was, laugh first, and now respond.

You can extrapolate any data that you want to prove your baseless argument. We're not debating what his YPC was last year, which is all that you successfully proved. I'm guessing you were the same guy who thought Boldin was going to have a 3200+ yard year after his first game.

Simply put, I'm saying that Westbrook cannot handle the load of an every down back. He is not a feature back. If you want to assume he is and then expect him to get 250 carries, then whatever. He is small and injury prone. He also played for a DII school and has only had one decent season in the NFL (if you call 600 yards rushing a decent season).

So don't say "You do the math" like that actually proves something. Any idiot can extrapolate data (OMG someone hit a HR in the first game of the MLB season...he's on pace for 162). Your self-righteous tone is what really annoys me.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:38 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Westbrook rushed last year for over 600 yards on under 120 carries. Do the math.

Wait a second. Was that a serious statement? I'm going to assume it was, laugh first, and now respond.

You can extrapolate any data that you want to prove your baseless argument. We're not debating what his YPC was last year, which is all that you successfully proved. I'm guessing you were the same guy who thought Boldin was going to have a 3200+ yard year after his first game.

Simply put, I'm saying that Westbrook cannot handle the load of an every down back. He is not a feature back. If you want to assume he is and then expect him to get 250 carries, then whatever. He is small and injury prone. He also played for a DII school and has only had one decent season in the NFL (if you call 600 yards rushing a decent season).

So don't say "You do the math" like that actually proves something. Any idiot can extrapolate data (OMG someone hit a HR in the first game of the MLB season...he's on pace for 162). Your self-righteous tone is what really annoys me.

I don't buy the HR arguement because his stats are proven throughout the YEAR, not just one game.

His arguement works.

Something like this doesn't: "Umm..Westbrook had 1 rush for 25 yards in the first game so i am averaging 25 yards per game and by those stats i should break every record possible."

No, that one wouldn't work, but his arguement was stats from the ENTIRE YEAR.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:41 pm

maddog60 wrote:Westbrook rushed last year for over 600 yards on under 120 carries. Do the math. Now if you think there's a particular reason for his ypc to drop significantly, it's going to stay on the plus side of 5 ypc. If anything higher ypc should go up. The threat of a passing game (any D coordinator who actually considered Pinkston and Thrash threats needed to be fired) would prevent defenses from focusing on him and the running game, thus allowing for more big gains.

Predicting Chris Brown, TJ Duckett, and Kevin Jones ahead of Westbrook seems a bit ridiculous. What have these guys done to prove they can get those yards? Duckett and Brown have 3.9 ypc averages. Westbrook was a full 1.3 ypc higher than both of them, and Kevin Jones is entirely unproven in an offense that until it actually performs is all hype at this point.

And Griffin. Well, Denver RBs have a trend of success. Griffin looks to nearly have the job all locked up. If Denver can't produce a 1200 yard RB, I'll be shocked, especially in the porous AFC West.

Couldn't have said it better, myself... (Although I do like C. Brown's chances.)

Duckett isn't even a starter... He's a goal line back... How many goal line backs do you know that top 1000 yards?

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:44 pm

King Titan wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I assume you mean 1200+, if so:

Holmes
LT2
Deuce
Alexander
Edge
Portis
Jamal
Taylor
Barlow
Dillon
Dom Davis
Rudi Johnson
Griffin
Brown
Westbrook
Bennett

Near misses 1000-1200:

Henry
Martin
Staley
S. Davis
Dunn
T. Jones
K. Jones
J. Jones
Tiki
Suggs
Garner

Do you really think guys like Griffin and Westbrook are going to get the rock enough to get 1200? 250 carries you have to avg 4.8 to get to 1200. I'm just not sold that either one will get the ball enough.

Honestly, I think Westy is close but does it...

I wouldn't be surprised if Griffin tops 1400.....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Football Talk