Reasons for early drafts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reasons for early drafts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:21 pm

Favre.com wrote:
bungle613 wrote:
Favre.com wrote:Because people get ansy!

I have a ton of leagues in my spare yahoo IDs where I draft all through the preseason games as mock drafts.

This bothers me. There is a great site called Antsports where you can do mock drafts. If you are using Yahoo and continuing to play on Yahoo, fine. If you are JUST mocking on Yahoo... stay of the god damn site and find a site that is specifically for mocks.

Umm...everyone does this! Ever notice how in a public league only about 1-2 owners stay active. Thats because people use these as mock drafts! Also, there are cafe groups getting together to do mock drafts on yahoo so that no one feels about about people leaving the league, everyone knows that that is a mock.

Using Yahoo for mocks when everyone in the league knows it is a mock is one thing....

Joining a public league so you can draft and then never go back is an asshole thing to do....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:25 pm

Favre.com wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Simply not true. I have played on Yahoo for 3 years. I have had 1-2 people not play, not 1-2 owners play. And no, not everyone does this. I don't. I use sites that are meant for mock drafts not a league site. You want to get 10 guys together to do a mock on ONE specific Yahoo league... fine, it doesn't affect anyone else trying to play. Too randomly join Yahoo leagues for mocking purposes is garbage.

So basically you are telling me you have played on yahoo PUBLIC leagues for 3 years and never had more then 2 people quit? Sorry, I find that quite hard, if not impossible to believe.

In random yahoo leagues that i have been in, ive never seen more than 2 people quit. Everyone else werent neccessarily very active, but they at least put their lineups in week to week.

I agree w/ Plindsey too that its not even good practice. Half the time people just autodraft or follow yahoo's ranking b/c they dont know any better.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:29 pm

Favre.com wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Simply not true. I have played on Yahoo for 3 years. I have had 1-2 people not play, not 1-2 owners play. And no, not everyone does this. I don't. I use sites that are meant for mock drafts not a league site. You want to get 10 guys together to do a mock on ONE specific Yahoo league... fine, it doesn't affect anyone else trying to play. Too randomly join Yahoo leagues for mocking purposes is garbage.

So basically you are telling me you have played on yahoo PUBLIC leagues for 3 years and never had more then 2 people quit? Sorry, I find that quite hard, if not impossible to believe.

To the best of my recollection the most I have ever had bail was 2. Last year, and that was after playing and losing for several weeks. I have never been in a Yahoo public league that never had all 10 owners starting. That is 10 leagues over the last 3 years.

Seriously Favre. You are ruining a league that people join with the intent of playing. If you want to mock, there are at least 3 sites out there with the capability for mocking.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:30 pm

I have a ton of leagues in my spare yahoo IDs where I draft all through the preseason games as mock drafts.
What more did you expect from a packer fan :-b ?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:49 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:

What more did you expect from a packer fan :-b ?

Wedge shaped hats, maybe?

That would have been nice....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:54 pm

bungle613 wrote:
Favre.com wrote:

To the best of my recollection the most I have ever had bail was 2. Last year, and that was after playing and losing for several weeks. I have never been in a Yahoo public league that never had all 10 owners starting. That is 10 leagues over the last 3 years.

Seriously Favre. You are ruining a league that people join with the intent of playing. If you want to mock, there are at least 3 sites out there with the capability for mocking.

Well, to tell you the truth i can't se how I am ruining them. Although I do not treat my public league is a serious league, i am still the most active person there. :-)
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Lung » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:54 pm

bungle613 wrote:

This bothers me. There is a great site called Antsports where you can do mock drafts. If you are using Yahoo and continuing to play on Yahoo, fine. If you are JUST mocking on Yahoo... stay of the god damn site and find a site that is specifically for mocks.

No wonder the damn Yahoo! site is always down! No wonder that when you want to do a REAL draft for your REAL Yahoo! league there are no available time slots!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:02 pm

Favre.com wrote:
bungle613 wrote:
Favre.com wrote:

Well, to tell you the truth i can't se how I am ruining them. Although I do not treat my public league is a serious league, i am still the most active person there. :-)

If you are playing them, you're not ruining them. The impression I got was that you use Yahoo for mocks and bail. If you do then you are ruining them.

IF a player gets a free game playing you, a guy with no roster set in week 13 and 14 and gets into the playoffs and then wins because Alexander or Portis decided to have their 4 touchdown games in week 15 and 16 then the whole season is garbage and it's a garbage win. Whether I am on the losing or winning side of this scenario.. I have no interest in having it happen.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sleeper » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:06 pm

Favre, if you'd change your avatar, I suspect you wouldn't get such harsh reactions.

That's one ugly face.
sleeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:08 pm

I'm in three leagues this year and none of them have drafted yet, but that said, one big advantage of earlier drafts is the ability to trade with the other owners. If you were to draft, for instance, 4 RBs in the first 4 rounds because guys you liked were slipping, then proceeded to lose week 1 and 2 because you had crappy WRs and great RB production on the bench (and didn't have enough time to swing a trade), that's a shame. Draft date shouldn't really dictate that you must draft your starters first or else.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk