Have any of you ever been insulted from crappy offers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Have any of you ever been insulted from crappy offers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Have any of you ever been insulted from crappy offers?

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:05 pm

I've got two pretty crappy trade offers in the past couple of days and I'm actually getting pissed off and insulted.

I got offered Vick/Rudi/Boldin for McNair/LT/K-Rob... and just now from someone else I got offered Coles and Jacksonville D for T.O. and Buffalo D...

I'm kind of pissed off at both of the managers and this is a really competitive and active 10 team keeper. Would it be right to just tell them I won't trade with them anymore? Have any of you ever been pissed by offers?

The guy with Coles is actually trying to convince me to do it on AIM right now too and I'm about to blow...

I know this is kind of a pointless thread, but what do you think I should do about it?
Last edited by kanezfan11 on Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Teck » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:08 pm

Yeah man
I had a post
and I told this guy to do the trade
and he exploded on me telling me I dont know Sh*t and stuff
then I Just cocked back huge
and he shut up
If you get pissed, don't trade with tthem, thrown them on ur ignore, w/e lol
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Favre.com » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:09 pm

The second offer is a joke, the first one is not as bad IMO.

I don't know about insulted, but I hate when there are owners that claim they will only trade if it improves their team, and then use the arguement that they offer those types of trades cause they look to improve their team. But "improving their team" means offering Mccown for Roethlisberger.

BS owners make leagues really boring. Trading is by far my favorite part of FF and when half the league acts this way I say find a new league.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Shatner8 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:10 pm

To tell you the truth those trade offers arent really that bad.........I've seen much worse. In the first one, im sure the guy was just hoping someone would really overvalue Vick, which is a great move on his part
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby King Titan » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:11 pm

Yeah someone once offered McNabb to me for McNair ... That was an insult to my intelligence like no other. I would have maybe taken the deal if would he would have offered exclusive rights to his girlfriend and her sister .... but straight up .... Nah.
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:15 pm

Shatner8 wrote:To tell you the truth those trade offers arent really that bad.........I've seen much worse. In the first one, im sure the guy was just hoping someone would really overvalue Vick, which is a great move on his part

Well, the guy that has Vick overvalues him since he traded Jamal Lewis, Hasselbeck, and Fitzgerald for Vick, Rudi, and Stallworth before he hit me up with that offer (atleast I think that's a bad trade for him). I don't buy into Vick as much as he though I would though.
Last edited by kanezfan11 on Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bowie » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:16 pm

I know when I make a trade I typically don't expect it to be accepted. I consider proposals to be a starting point for a counter offer. What's the problem with doing this?
Shatner8 is right, in the case of the first trade, there are people out there who value Vick enough to take the bait.
As long as no-one offers too many clearly lopsided trades (this just gets boring), I see no problem with probing for counter offers or even fishing for suckers every now and then.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:17 pm

King Titan wrote:Yeah someone once offered McNabb to me for McNair ... That was an insult to my intelligence like no other. I would have maybe taken the deal if would he would have offered exclusive rights to his girlfriend and her sister .... but straight up .... Nah.

Are you serious? McNabb is better than McNair, especially this season considering McNabb got TO and McNair lost McCareins. Plus, you don't have to worry about McNabb downing tons of liquor and getting behind the wheel.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:20 pm

King Titan wrote:Yeah someone once offered McNabb to me for McNair ... That was an insult to my intelligence like no other. I would have maybe taken the deal if would he would have offered exclusive rights to his girlfriend and her sister .... but straight up .... Nah.

I really hope you are being sarcastic, cause I take Mcnabb over Mcnair in a heart beat... :-/
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:21 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Are you serious? McNabb is better than McNair, especially this season considering McNabb got TO and McNair lost McCareins. Plus, you don't have to worry about McNabb downing tons of liquor and getting behind the wheel.

Thanks for changing the subject and getting off "Me looking like an idiot for trades that weren't as bad as i thought." ;-D
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk