Have any of you ever been insulted from crappy offers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Have any of you ever been insulted from crappy offers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bowie » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:23 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
King Titan wrote:Yeah someone once offered McNabb to me for McNair ... That was an insult to my intelligence like no other. I would have maybe taken the deal if would he would have offered exclusive rights to his girlfriend and her sister .... but straight up .... Nah.

Are you serious? McNabb is better than McNair, especially this season considering McNabb got TO and McNair lost McCareins. Plus, you don't have to worry about McNabb downing tons of liquor and getting behind the wheel.

This is what I am talking about. Different owners value different players. Let the proposals fly. If you get an offer you don't like, reject it.
Also, ending the possability of a trade over some percieved slight only narrows your options for improving your team.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby King Titan » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:28 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
King Titan wrote:Yeah someone once offered McNabb to me for McNair ... That was an insult to my intelligence like no other. I would have maybe taken the deal if would he would have offered exclusive rights to his girlfriend and her sister .... but straight up .... Nah.

Are you serious? McNabb is better than McNair, especially this season considering McNabb got TO and McNair lost McCareins. Plus, you don't have to worry about McNabb downing tons of liquor and getting behind the wheel.

If you say so .... but I bet homeboy is making some sort of bong with an empty chunky soup can and taking a toke with A Iverson while TO stands in a towel in a dark corner screaming at a fevered pitch about how great he is and how insulted he was that Jeff Garcia didn't try to violate him. What worries me is that when the banjo started playing nobody started running.

Mac9 will prove again this year that he is head and shoulders above the other guy ...
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:30 pm

Favre.com wrote:

I really hope you are being sarcastic, cause I take Mcnabb over Mcnair in a heart beat... :-/

99.9% of fantasy players would... But this guy is a Tennessee fan who loves this argument... And he'll continue on and on about it for days and days... Don't get baited into it... Everyone knows McNabb is a WAY better fantasy option this year than McNair (except a select few folks who live near Nashville)...

But this guy is a homer to the extreme, and I would venture to guess he'll also tell you that Mason, Bennett, and Calico are the best WR trio... He may tell you about how Chris Brown is going to be a top 5 back this year, and he might even try to tell you that Steve "multiple-injury" McNair is some sort of comparison to Peyton Manning because of the Co-MVP thing last year... Who knows?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:33 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Favre.com wrote:

I really hope you are being sarcastic, cause I take Mcnabb over Mcnair in a heart beat... :-/

99.9% of fantasy players would... But this guy is a Tennessee fan who loves this argument... And he'll continue on and on about it for days and days... Don't get baited into it... Everyone knows McNabb is a WAY better fantasy option this year than McNair (except a select few folks who live near Nashville)...

But this guy is a homer to the extreme, and I would venture to guess he'll also tell you that Mason, Bennett, and Calico are the best WR trio... He may tell you about how Chris Brown is going to be a top 5 back this year, and he might even try to tell you that Steve "multiple-injury" McNair is some sort of comparison to Peyton Manning because of the Co-MVP thing last year... Who knows?
Dont forget the individuals who live near Dallas :-b
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:35 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Favre.com wrote:

Dont forget the individuals who live near Dallas :-b

I wrote off folks that live near Dallas a LONG time ago... ;-D

Write about the time I started hearing nonsense about "America's Team."

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:40 pm

I've never been insulted really. Confused as hell but not insulted. I've looked at offers and said out loud (while by myself) "what is going through his head?"

The worst so far this year Vick for Ahman. A brief history... auction league.. Deuce, Edge, Priest etc... 20 million or higher, Culp and Manning 13M or lower... Ahman 17M and Vick 17M.

The best priced RB in the league for the most overpriced qb in the league. Politley said no thanks.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dihall » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:48 pm

I have to say...being a girl, the guys last year thought they could pull one over on me and they were sorely mistaken. :-t I think they must have thought that I didn't know much about football and even though it was only my second year, I know more about it than a lot of guys! I was offended, but it only happened once or twice and I don't expect it to happen again...HOPEFULLY!
As for those trade offers, I really would not take Vick for McNair (wasn't it?). I'm not sure if I would go for the Rudi for LT trade, but LT does run behind the SD offensive line and he just isn't in the best situation. Anyhow, don't feel like the only one...people have tried to pull one over on me before as well!
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Favre.com » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:52 pm

LT is miles above Rudi IMO. Rudi actually (for a reason I never understood after his performance last year) might be backed up by Perry for 8 carries a game. LT also catches a ton and is (ability-wise) the best back in Football IMO. Yes, his line sucks, yes his QB is a rookie (or Brees), yes the recievers are terrible, but in a Dynasty LT is MUCH higher on my sheet then Rudi.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:55 pm

i didnt think the first trade offer was that bad in my opinion...the 2nd one was much worse.

I wouldn't be insulted. I would rather have crappy offers than no offers. Just make sure you aren't the dummy they are hoping you are and let them put one by you.

Thankfully the people in the forum will let you see the light.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:23 pm

haha-
Actually when you get a ridiculous trade, like last year someone offered me Chris Chambers for Jamal Lewis, I usually counter with something like - Larry Johnson for LT2-

They get the point and offer something a little more in the middle-
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk