Trading Draft Pick ideas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trading Draft Pick ideas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trading Draft Pick ideas

Postby cmaspe99 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:19 pm

I am in a 10 team keeper league. I brought up for a vote to allow trading of players and/or draft picks. I waondered if any of you have a league like this and how it has worked out. I would also love some input on some things to look out for. Thanks.
cmaspe99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Favre.com » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:31 pm

I am in a dynasty with 4 draft picks per year. The idea has good and bad sides to it.

The good side is that it makes it feel like a more realistic experience. It also gives more choices for the future for teams that have an old team and need future insurance. Also makes more trading options.

The bad part is that first of all its a little confusing to keep track of all the picks traded back and forth. Also, people don't understand that the #1 pick is not ranked as high as it is in the real NFL. No, I will NOT give you Amani Toomer straight up for your 1st round pick. I don't care that he is getting old, I am not willing to part with a good #1 reciever for a mere 1st rounder. Also, it usually ends up that a lot of people do have a young team and then everyone is willing to give up their draft picks without realizing that those picks are their future. If there is an owner who automatically claims he is willing to give up all his draft picks this owner is likely either a rookie or is not planning on staying in the dynasty for long.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby cmaspe99 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:37 pm

The trading away of draft picks was one of the concerns that came up. We are considering making a draft to draft selection in the trading. For instance I want P Holmes. I will give him kevin Jones and my first round draft pick. To complete the trade he gives me his 14th round draft pick. That way on draft day everyone has a full 15 man team. Make sense? We also vote on trades in our league so we can prevent someone from trading away their whole future just to win the pot this year. Thanks for the input!
cmaspe99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Favre.com » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:39 pm

Wait, how many rounds are you planning to have?!
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cmaspe99 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:46 pm

We have 15 rounds.
cmaspe99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Favre.com » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:48 pm

I don't see the point unless you make extra bench spots for your rookies every year. Considering that (at least in most leagues I know) you have to cut down to the maximum roster size by the end of the league you would have to drop 2/3rds of your team to keep the rookies. Usually you'd only keep 2 or 3 because there aren't enough people you would drop.
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk