How early to take a 3rd RB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How early to take a 3rd RB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How early to take a 3rd RB?

Postby BeefSandwiches » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:51 pm

I am a big believer of RB-RB-WR but then it's basically best available. When do you normally grab a 3rd RB? Will you pass up a WR in the third for a good RB or do you feel the need to continue filling your weekly lineup?
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:13 pm

If a RB I really like slips into the 3rd round, I would have no problem whatsoever going RB, RB, RB. I got Fred Taylor in the 3rd last year in one of my leagues.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Warpigs » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:18 pm

It depends on who your first two RB are. If they are questionable RB, then I would take an extra one fairly early. For instance, I recently drafted Edge and Dillon and then in the fourth snagged Griffin since I was nervous about not having a true stud RB
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby theBigHouse » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:18 pm

I always just take best available regardless of position (unless of course it's last rounds and I have no TE or D or whatever). Ideally I end up with a WR and two RB after three rounds but I have no problem taking RB, RB, RB if guys I like are on the table.
theBigHouse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:37 pm

i think it also depends on your starting requirements. Im in a league where we have 2rb and then a flex. It kinda makes those rb's a little bit more valuable. So i would probably look at them twice in the 3rd and rethink it over.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Warpigs » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:45 pm

proKrastinate wrote:i think it also depends on your starting requirements. Im in a league where we have 2rb and then a flex. It kinda makes those rb's a little bit more valuable. So i would probably look at them twice in the 3rd and rethink it over.

You taking advice on when to do something from someone named "proKrastinate"? :-b
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:55 pm

Warpigs wrote:
proKrastinate wrote:i think it also depends on your starting requirements. Im in a league where we have 2rb and then a flex. It kinda makes those rb's a little bit more valuable. So i would probably look at them twice in the 3rd and rethink it over.

You taking advice on when to do something from someone named "proKrastinate"? :-b

LOL!

Damn, Pigs, I was about to say the exact same thing....

Anyways, it's best available the whole way through, IMO...

If RB's keep slipping to me, I'll take them rounds 1-5... You can always deal RB's for WR's, no problem, and there are ALWAYS going to be WR's that break out on the wire... The same cannot be said about RB's, necessarily...

Get yourself an average draft position chart from Antsports, and if you see someone slipping beyond where they should, snag them... ESPECIALLY RB's...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:15 pm

Warpigs wrote:

:-b i only "proKrastinate" when the task at hand doesn't involve intimate times with my gf and football. i.e. ive been preparing for my leagues this year since week 15 last year ;)
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:37 pm

proKrastinate wrote:
Warpigs wrote:

:-b i only "proKrastinate" when the task at hand doesn't involve intimate times with my gf and football. i.e. ive been preparing for my leagues this year since week 15 last year ;)

too much info!!

I think its kinky that you like to have intimate times w/ football :-b
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:51 pm

Flux wrote:
proKrastinate wrote:
Warpigs wrote:

too much info!!

I think its kinky that you like to have intimate times w/ football :-b

Brings new meaning to the term "Sleeper Candidate."

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk