Rant against ESPN - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Rant against ESPN

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rant against ESPN

Postby Always Krunk » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:32 pm

I hate that they have went the way of the oversized corporate whore and starting trying to charge us to see fantasy info.. They can take that 19.95 :-° and shove it up their pieholes.. It shows how much fantasy football has taken off when ESPN sees an opportunity to capitalize. This is just one of many rants (like the disintegration of NBA Fundamentals -directly linked to ESPN's skewed coverage of dunks and crapola like "and 1" :-t streetball, their constant stirring of the pot of issue that are even remotely controversial for viewership, and their damn website going bezerk with popups, spam, and various other sensory overloading poop. Its not that ESPN was my prime source for decision making during the FF season, but I like to get a wide range of ideas and insights, and it looks like this source just dried up. Thank goodness for places like the Cafe, where free ideas are exchanged, and people are here because they love fantasy. Rant over..............peace out ;-)
Football or Sex?
Always Krunk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:10 pm

Get Mozilla... no pop ups ever again.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:33 pm

Amen to that !

Preach on brother !
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Tiki » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:54 pm

Homeless wrote:Amen to that !

Preach on brother !
Lol I feel like I am in the churhc from Big Mommas house :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:56 pm

i never blame business' for trying to gain a profit, such is life. You cant expect a company to stop trying to make a profit because it hurts your fantasy team.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moloko9 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:08 am

Those bums blacked out and cut to a commercial on 3rd down last night during the Eagles game.
moloko9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby aussieboy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:05 am

Football Newbie wrote:i never blame business' for trying to gain a profit, such is life. You cant expect a company to stop trying to make a profit because it hurts your fantasy team.

I agree with this.

They are a company, they don't owe s**t to anyone. They are out to make a buck, why should they give stuff away for free? Do you think Funstion and Co work for free? I think you hit the nail on the head when u alluded to how much FF had progressed. FF is now a profitable product that due to its popularity is a source of profit. I do not like the fact that this info is not free anymore, but am I angry at ESPN for wanting to increase their profits, of course not.

I have a similar problem with those that hate Microsoft because they "monopolise" the market. Talk about punishing a guy that worked hard to build a company out of nothing. Now hes talked about in the same vain as the Devil. Anyway I digress. My apologies.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tman570 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:40 pm

why pay for info when there are many good sources for free info like the cafe?
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Monty » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:46 pm

tman570 wrote:why pay for info when there are many good sources for free info like the cafe?

Someone who is very very dumb... or, is in a league with someone who will not tell them the cafe web address
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:07 pm

aussieboy wrote:
Football Newbie wrote:i never blame business' for trying to gain a profit, such is life. You cant expect a company to stop trying to make a profit because it hurts your fantasy team.

I agree with this.

They are a company, they don't owe s**t to anyone. They are out to make a buck, why should they give stuff away for free? Do you think Funstion and Co work for free? I think you hit the nail on the head when u alluded to how much FF had progressed. FF is now a profitable product that due to its popularity is a source of profit. I do not like the fact that this info is not free anymore, but am I angry at ESPN for wanting to increase their profits, of course not.

I have a similar problem with those that hate Microsoft because they "monopolise" the market. Talk about punishing a guy that worked hard to build a company out of nothing. Now hes talked about in the same vain as the Devil. Anyway I digress. My apologies.

i co-own a business myself <SHAMELESS PLUG> http://www.serverempire.net </SHAMELESS PLUG>, if anyone told me i was wrong for charging for our services i would call them a moron and slap them in the face.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to General Talk