Ricky Williams NEWS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky Williams NEWS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:23 am

I'm probably alone in this, but I actually feel for Ricky. His history of depression and anxiety probably makes his life a living hell. It's probably why he uses marijuana. It's a shame the media can't leave him alone.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby godallahstar » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:29 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I'm probably alone in this, but I actually feel for Ricky. His history of depression and anxiety probably makes his life a living hell. It's probably why he uses marijuana. It's a shame the media can't leave him alone.

Nah, i don't think you're alone in it.

Ricky means well, and his concerns with his well being and staying healthy are very realistic.
Though he should think more about the smoking,
that doesn't help his health too much.
godallahstar
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:02 pm

godallahstar wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I'm probably alone in this, but I actually feel for Ricky. His history of depression and anxiety probably makes his life a living hell. It's probably why he uses marijuana. It's a shame the media can't leave him alone.

Nah, i don't think you're alone in it.

Ricky means well, and his concerns with his well being and staying healthy are very realistic.
Though he should think more about the smoking,
that doesn't help his health too much.

Yeh, he should stick with the legal meds the doc gave him as he seemed to do really well when he went on them but then like a lot of people with mental problems, once they start feeling better they go off their meds.
Last edited by stomperrob on Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby knownothings » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:14 pm

I heard that IF he did come back it would only be a 4 game suspension.
knownothings
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby xJoeV55x » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:21 pm

Monty wrote:
Azrael wrote:Lenny Kravitz: Dude you were awesome in Madden 2004. *puff* I ran for like 6,000 yards in a season on Rookie when i played with you as my runningback. *puff* You should play on "Rookie" when you go back.

Ricky Williams: What the hell is Madden? *puff*

Actually, Ricky does know what Madden is on his official site last year it said he played Madden AND he posted his username
Go 9ers
xJoeV55x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GateKeeper » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:13 pm

What's the latest Scoop? Anybody hear anything

This is from ESPN.. on August 31
Tell me what you guys think...

After word spread that Williams was possibly interested in returning to the Dolphins, he was added in 11.5 percent of leagues. Don't waste a roster spot on him, though, unless you play in a keeper league. Williams has no real plans to return to the team, and even if he did, league rules would prevent him from playing in 2004.
GateKeeper
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:25 pm

Funny how Ricky showed interest in returning after the Dolphins demanded their signing bonus back. IMO, this is posturing by Williams and he has no intention of returning. My theory is that he offers to return, hoping the Dolphins will tell him to go to hell. Then Williams would not have to give back the money; he can say he tried to come back and was cut.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby koffeeboy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:47 pm

He technically COULD play this year... possibly.

There is an undetermined amount of time (the NFL is hush on this), in which a player can unretire after submitting his paperwork.

The NFL already offered him a chance to pay a fine to undue 2 of his positive tests, since they were so low. So, should RW, Miami and the NFL ALL come to an agreement...

He could come back. Pay his fine. Serve his 4 game suspension and suit up for game 5. Should he choose to initiate the process. That doesn't mean that the Phins or the League would comply... but it is technically an outside possibility.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:55 am

Azrael wrote:Ricky Williams: *puff* Dude, I should call the Dolphins and tell them I'm coming back next year. *puff*

Lenny Kravitz: That would be awesome man. I didn't know Dolphins could talk on the phone. I didn't even know phones worked underwater. *puff* Hand me the Cheetos.

Ricky Williams: I still got it. *puff* I just gotta run where they ain't.

Lenny Kravitz: Dude you were awesome in Madden 2004. *puff* I ran for like 6,000 yards in a season on Rookie when i played with you as my runningback. *puff* You should play on "Rookie" when you go back.

Ricky Williams: What the hell is Madden? *puff*

Lenny Kravitz: *puff* He's that guy on Mad TV trying to sell that buttered popcorn.

Ricky Williams: Ok, I'm on the phone to the Heat...we're going to jerk their chains *puff*

Lenny Kravitz: chains...slavery sucks dude, give 'em hell *puff*

Had a flashback about this post a couple minutes ago, not sure why. Funniest post of last year IMO :-D ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:26 pm

I don't feel sorry for him. Life is tough on everybody, and I think my life would be alot less tough if I was a millionaire. But you don't see me running from my problems and trying to smoke my problems away.

Man up and face life head on.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk