What is Garcia's value at this point? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is Garcia's value at this point?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is Garcia's value at this point?

Postby CinemaFreak » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:42 pm

What can we expect from Garcia this year with his new team? I may trade for him if he has value?

Thanks!

My team:
D. Bledsoe, B. Leftwich, E. James, D. Davis, D. Rhodes, J. Jones, L. Coles, S. Moss, A. Johnson, B. Lloyd, D. Stallworth , R. McMichael, J. Kasay, Denver
CinemaFreak Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby greenman » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:05 pm

i'm not sure what his value is but I don't like him facing Baltimore in week 1.
greenman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

garcia

Postby Snatch1414 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:43 pm

Garcia is intriguing for a backup role on your team, just because of Kellen Winslow and their consistency on the WR depth chart (i say consistent as in consistently okay, since some people confuse their depth with greatness). However all I know is their O-line is supposed to be horrible so Garcia will be running for his life. However I guess that could make a case for WInslow since he will be the safety valve on broken plays like that.
Snatch1414
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby shortsavage » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:18 pm

I remember recently reading that the Browns were going to try to mold their offensive style a little more toward Jeff Garcia's abilities and tendencies.

Given his above average production despite injuries last season, I would not be miserable if I ended up with Garcia as my number one QB. He is someone to look for around the fifth round of your draft.

Thank you Tiki!
shortsavage Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bmonkey » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:39 pm

he has some rushing yds that helps give pts each week. I have Penny and Garcia and gotta start 2. so i'm relying on garcia to hopefully adapt quickly. a. davis will be his main man besides the TE.

i've been tempted to try and get mcnabb because they had equal fantasy pts last yr pretty much but mcnabb has TO. still holding onto garcia though
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby aussieboy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:51 pm

I think Garcia is somewhat undervalued this yr.

I realise he's in Cleveland and doesnt have the weapons that he did in SF, however I see this as a postive thing to a certian extent. I don't see Garcia's passing numbers being anything speacial, however I think he'll prove his worth by what he does with his legs. Garcia is a solid rushing QB. He's gonna have about 0.045secs to get rid of the ball behind that Oline before hes eating grass. This means hes either gonna get sacked or hes gonna be off running. Rushing stats for a QB are gold in fantasy.

I have him as my number 1 QB in my local league. Now although im not exactly excited about having to start him ever week, I think the the talent I got in other positions by holding off drafting a QB was worthwhile. I think he makes an outstanding #2. Im def gonna be benching him in week 1 since hes playing Balimore, ill start Carr against SD.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:08 am

Garcia is borderline starter material. You could do worse than having him as your top QB.

With KW2 and all of the Browns WRs Garcia is bound to find one he likes to throw to. If he can consistently connect with one of either Davis, Northcutt, Morgan, or KW2 while rushing for solid amounts he will be a worthy starter indeed.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk