Ahman Green knee injury... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green knee injury...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Waikele Waverunners » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:33 pm

This is what Yahoo had to say about the whole thing.

Aug 28 It looks like Packers' Pro Bowl running back Ahman Green will be fine following Friday night's brief scare in which he bruised his left kneecap. "When he took that hit on his knee, it moved his kneecap just a little bit," head coach Mike Sherman told the Green Bay News Chronicle. "It scared him, as well as myself. He could have gone back into the game, but we held him out."

so we, the Green owners have nothing, or at least very little to worry about it seems.
Waikele Waverunners
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Budman_ffc » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:42 pm

No worries...he could play next week if he had to I believe.

Packers | Green Suffers Bruised Kneecap - from http://www.KFFL.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:57:36 -0700

Green Bay Packers RB Ahman Green (knee) gave the team a scare Friday, Aug. 27, according to the Associated Press. During the team's preseason game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Green remained on the ground after a five-yard carry. Team trainers immediately began to examine his left knee before he got up and walked off the field. The team is calling the injury a bruised kneecap.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:10 pm

Budman wrote:No worries...he could play next week if he had to I believe.

Well, I would just assume they leave him out of next week's final preseason game thank you very much. Stupid preseason...causing all these damn injuries..I know you want to get into game shape, and that's it is important to get a few series in and all, but 4 preseason games is ridiculous. That's 1/4 th of the regular season schedule! They should have 2 preseason games and 18 regular season games, imo.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:37 am

fantasizing wrote:
Budman wrote:No worries...he could play next week if he had to I believe.

Well, I would just assume they leave him out of next week's final preseason game thank you very much. Stupid preseason...causing all these damn injuries..I know you want to get into game shape, and that's it is important to get a few series in and all, but 4 preseason games is ridiculous. That's 1/4 th of the regular season schedule! They should have 2 preseason games and 18 regular season games, imo.

Sorry to bring this back up from the "dead" of Page 2...I was asleep all night!

So, those message board guys weren't lying about the kneecap? I guess I gained a little more respect for that resource...

Preseason games are great for the "scrubs" and horrible for the "stars." Imagine how it was when they used to play 6 preseason games! You have to have about 4 to give the lower string guys a chance to show what they have. It may be better for the starters to stay out of the first two games and then use them sparingly in the last two, but then you run into problems. First, the fans get mad because they don't see their main guys doing their thing. Secondly, you have to give the starters a little bit of practice at game speed with real competition - otherwise they won't be accustomed to it when the regular season comes.

It is a very intriguing dilemma, and the teams do things the best way they can. If players are going to get hurt, then they get hurt. Heck, they could get hurt in practice barely doing anything! Football is a tough game on the body, so us fantasy types just have to accept that injuries happen (even though it sucks when they do).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk