Stubblefield goes to Raider - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stubblefield goes to Raider

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stubblefield goes to Raider

Postby fntsyrookie » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:27 pm

The Raiders are sticking to relying on veterans. Apparently they don't mind being the oldest team in the league. He should be a nice fit since they cut Adams.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquare ... 22423.html
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:50 pm

CRAP.

i just drafted adams former back up... rod coleman... i wonder if hes not gonna start now?

ugh what is the raiders infatuation with old (and in this case crappy) players!!! stubs is washed up, i know from when he played in washington. if he starts in front of coleman the raiders have issues...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:40 pm

i cant wait to see dazey's response to this. lol ;-)
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:30 pm

JayM09 wrote:i cant wait to see dazey's response to this. lol ;-)

oh the wait is over!!......
The former University of Kansas standout, who was the league's defensive player of the year in 1997

he went to the skins the very next year, and all of a suddon he "washed up".....last i checked 11 guys are on the defensive side of the ball and he was coming off one his best seasons!!....while the skins were gettin progressivly worse....."96" they were 9-7...."97" 8-7-1....."98" 6-10....then in "99" when they finally got a winning record 10-6 they still manged to give up 377 points ( 5th highest in the league).....

is he gettin old??..hell ya he is, but he a strong leader in the locker room, very exp and still gets the job done ( he has the SB ring and defensive player of the year award to prove it)

he would still be a asset to any team...now about the signing.....im sad to see him go, stubbs and young were a def strong presence in the middle and worked well together over the years.....now if the raiders keep on signing former niner player im gona forced to start backin them!!!lol!!!........Lott, Rice, Stubbs, Garner....and on and on

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nero » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:45 am

Dazedncnfz wrote:is he gettin old??..hell ya he is, but he a strong leader in the locker room, very exp and still gets the job done ( he has the SB ring and defensive player of the year award to prove it)

No need to worry Terp...

He'll be HUGE in that all important "locker room leader" category
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Roseman » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:59 am

I guess the Raiders are the place where old ex-9ers go to die!!!
Rice, Lott, now Stubbelfield

You just have to look at San Frans roster and look for anyone over 35 to see who the Raiders will sign next!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Indy Dragons » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:09 pm

How?

Here is another example of a team that was so far over the CAP that they couldn't afford toilet paper for the restrooms, still able to sign a player, of some quality.

I'm not sure how much he will help the Raiders, but he surely will be able to park the cars or something.
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:38 pm

Nero wrote:No need to worry Terp...

He'll be HUGE in that all important "locker room leader" category

and whats the problem with being a leader?...what would be the problem with following someone whos been to the dance and won, been called "the best in the league"....been to the pro bowl, and knows what it takes to win???...not to mention the fact he can still play the game.....so i fail to see the point you are trying to make with your statement...maybe you can enlighten me?
Last edited by Dazedncnfz on Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:41 pm

yeah dazed, he came here and started to suck... whats ur point?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:50 pm

point is it wasn't him....it was the team around him...hes just one guy, you can't call him washed up cause your skins bombed out when he was on their team.....he was part of a bunch of guys playing together for the first time and they needed to gel....so don't say he was washed up then and hes washed up now......

and last time i checked Rice just went to the probowl and the superbowl and scored again and broke and set more recorded this season and finished with one of his better seasons......doesn't look he died to me yet.....

Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk