very tough WR rankings

Postby Ousmagic » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:55 am

derrick mason
laveranues coles
santana moss
joe horn
steve smith
darrell jackson

ive been trying to rank these guys for along time now but i am still very unsure how to rank these WRs im hoping to get 2 of these guys as my 1 and 2 WRs so it is very important for me to get the right 2 :-o
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tomkatt » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:59 am

S. Smith
J. Horn
D. Mason
D. Jackson
S. Moss
L. Coles
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtarail » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:06 pm

J. Horn
L. Coles
D. Mason
S. Smith
D. Jackson
S. Moss
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:09 pm

I doubt you will get the clear cut response you want, everyone has the guys in different order it seems.

Coles
Mason
Santana
Smith
Horn
(Moulds)
D Jax

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:13 pm

Smith--I like the bond he and Delhomme have and the guy will benefit from the 5 yard rule greatly if called.

Moss--With Pennington healthy and ready for what I think will be a big year (even though I hate the Jets), Santana will be the main benefactor of that.

Mason--Same here with McNair and Mason. One of the guys that slides farther then he should every year.

Jackson--The Seahawks are going to have one of the best offenses in the league and Jackson should put up nice numbers in it again.

Horn--I think Joe is getting old and that Brooks and the Saints are going to struggle some this year.

Coles--I have him ranked lower then Horn but I doubt I would draft Horn in any of my leagues where as I would draft Coles. I am not a Mark Brunnell fan and this is really the only reason I have Coles so low.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Teck » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:18 pm

Santana Moss
S. Smith
D. Mason
J. Horn
D. Jackson
Chris Chambers
Coles
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Jownzin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:24 pm

VaderFin wrote:Smith--I like the bond he and Delhomme have and the guy will benefit from the 5 yard rule greatly if called.

Moss--With Pennington healthy and ready for what I think will be a big year (even though I hate the Jets), Santana will be the main benefactor of that.

Mason--Same here with McNair and Mason. One of the guys that slides farther then he should every year.

Jackson--The Seahawks are going to have one of the best offenses in the league and Jackson should put up nice numbers in it again.

Horn--I think Joe is getting old and that Brooks and the Saints are going to struggle some this year.

Coles--I have him ranked lower then Horn but I doubt I would draft Horn in any of my leagues where as I would draft Coles. I am not a Mark Brunnell fan and this is really the only reason I have Coles so low.

I pretty much agree with this.

Avoid Jow Horn. Donte Stallworth is going to steal some of those receptions. Moss is going to be a steal as low as some people are drafting him.
Jownzin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Ousmagic » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:45 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:I doubt you will get the clear cut response you want, everyone has the guys in different order it seems.

i knew that i wouldnt get a clear cut response going into this but its just helpful when making my decision to know who other people think, so far ive gotten the impression that the top 3 for me to take are s smith, mason and moss, so ill be trying to pursue 2 of those guys with my pick
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:49 pm

Well it kinda depends on what kind of guy you are.

If you want to be risky, go with Moss or Smith.

But if you want a relialble guy take Coles or Mason.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Re: very tough WR rankings

Postby Favre.com » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:00 pm

Ousmagic wrote:derrick mason
laveranues coles
santana moss
joe horn
steve smith
darrell jackson

ive been trying to rank these guys for along time now but i am still very unsure how to rank these WRs im hoping to get 2 of these guys as my 1 and 2 WRs so it is very important for me to get the right 2 :-o

Santana Moss- Mccereins will take away some of the carries but Moss is still a huge threat, and with a solid #2 next to him he won't see as much double coverage.

Derrick Mason- He is the clear #1, but with decent talent at 2 AND 3 he should also see double coverage rarely.

Joe Horn: Stallworth might take away receptions, but he is such a huge injury risk that I wouldn't worry, plus he is also a big threat at #2 so Horn will get open field often. Looking at Brooks' stats I think I might have underated him, he fumbles a hell of a lot but his TD/INT is much better then I expected and I suspect he can get the vall to Horn when needed, while Deuce poses threats to the D of the run.

Steve Smith - There is no good #2 so he will see double coverage this season but him and delhomme have chemistry and he is hard to cover because of the fantastic speed and leap ability. Also the 5 yard rule wil,be amazing for this guy, or anyone that runs this fast really.

Coles - I am very afraid of the foot injury, he played with it last year and put up so-so numbers. I am confident in Brunnell but Gibbs is power football, and unlike Spurrier who would likely throw every other play, Gibbs will give the ball to portis many times. Plus Garner (IMO) is an amazing #2 and will take away a ton of receptions.

Derrel Jackson - This is why he is last. I believe Koren Robinson will eventually take over as the #1. Maybe its biased cause Koren is one of my favorite recievers but I think with that type of talent, once he sorts out personal problems and injuries he will be the number one. Even if Jackson stays the number one Koren will take way a ton of receptions from him.

Hope that helped a little. :-)
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Next

Return to Football Talk