Rumors Rumors Rumors - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumors Rumors Rumors

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rumors Rumors Rumors

Postby slowkidz » Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:30 pm

Florida QB Rex Grossman told reporters that Bears representatives were certain they would draft a quarterback in the first two or three rounds. Grossman, who will be in Chicago on Draft Day, had his testimony echoed by Cal QB Kyle Boller, who said he met with general manager Jerry Angelo and offensive coordinator John Shoop in Mobile, Ala., during the Senior Bowl.

Titans general manager Floyd Reese met with agent Drew Rosenhaus in Indianapolis during the Scouting Combine, and the two sides discussed more than just a long-term deal for OG Zach Piller. They also spent a majority of the time laying the groundwork for a new deal for DE Jevon Kearse, who has one year left on his current contract.

The Eagles appear to be leaning toward grooming RB Correll Buckhalter for the starting spot sooner rather than later. Sources say Buckhalter was healthy enough to play at the end of last season, and that he will be 100 percent by the time training camp rolls around.

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis pinpointed five areas where the Bengals need help — “definitely wide receiver, defensive line, the secondary, offensive line and quarterback,” he said.

With only Tommy Maddox a cinch to be back next season, the Steelers could look to draft a quarterback. The team interviewed Texas QB Chris Simms at the Scouting Combine.

Despite continued rumors that Cardinals RB Thomas Jones broke his hand in late November in a scuffle at a party for an adult magazine, rather than reaching for a telephone at his home, which is the way he said he was injured, we hear the Cardinals still might decide to keep Jones on the roster, provided he’s willing to be Marcell Shipp’s backup. “We still feel Thomas is a talented football player,” Cardinals VP of football operations Rod Graves told PFW. “We obviously have to work through some off-field issues we’ve had with him and get a feel for his attitude and make a decision as to whether or not he is in a position emotionally and psychologically to help us win this year.”
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:32 pm

LOL. reaching for the phone TJ?

like jeff kent... "uhhh i broke my wrist mowing the lawn..." %-6
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:45 pm

thanks for the info ;-D
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:16 pm

LOL nice new Av Slow. Nice post too...there I said it :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:29 pm

lemme gues.. that av must mean couch is on fire!! and hes a great QB and you love him right slow? ;-)
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:32 pm

i predict one goes to green bay and the other to chicago
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby terpfan » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:37 pm

its funny how the top 3 qbs in this draft are valued about how the top 3 in last years draft were:

palmer - carr (projected #1)
leftwhich - harrington (top 10 - most likely the early end)
boller - ramsey (late first)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:41 pm

i think greenbay will get grosemen....thats miss cleo speaking....GP GET ME A MISS CLEO AV...lol
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joester » Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:44 pm

Nice post Slow........Thanks for the info.
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VIPER » Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:29 am

Slingblade/Miss Cleo wrote:i think greenbay will get grosemen....thats miss cleo speaking....GP GET ME A MISS CLEO AV...lol

U better listen to her 'mon!! She knows da future!! 8-o
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk