Opinions of Rudi J? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Opinions of Rudi J?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opinions of Rudi J?

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:34 pm

I don't know what to make of this guy or what his future is. Had 4 great games and 9 mediocre if not poor games last year. The cats signed him only for 1 year, then went out and drafted a RB. Why?

Is he going to be around in the future? Is he the real deal, not neccesarily a stud but a quality rb?

A trade is pending on your opinions.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:38 pm

Well, he is a great 2nd RB in most leagues, I don't think they expetced him to be so good and maybe they are trying to trade him away if their rookie RB does good. I dunno though i think Rudi has a good future. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:42 pm

Dont compare game to game, look at his overall stats.

951 yards rushing in 9 games started.

They drafted Perry because he is the future.. Rudi is now. He makes a very good second back for this year at least IMO. At the end of his contract i can see him going to a RB needy team, Oakland maybe?
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:47 pm

yeah but in FF, 957/9td's over 9 games is great except but not when 622/5td's is in 4 games. It turns your #2 RB into Josh Scobey for 2/3 of the season.

Sorry Josh... no offence meant.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:53 pm

I believe his agent was behind the 1 year deal. He will command much, much more $$$ coming off a full season as the feature back. The entire league will see what all SEC fans knew about this guy...one bad mofo.

The cheapskate Bengals therefore drafted insurance against Brown not signing him to the deal he will deserve :-° .
Last edited by cooleyhigh on Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Favre.com » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:55 pm

I have been desperately trying to deal him in my dynasty league becasue I am afraid he might give up carries to Perry. I like him for his skills, but not for his fantasy potential because of Perry.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:58 pm

Here's the deal for the most part.

Rudi is in a contract year, they didnt resign him b/c they werent sure if he can handle the load for a full year, or if he can consistantly play at the level he showed flashes of last year.

The Bengals did believe enough in Rudi though to trade Dillon away, not knowing who they would have as his backup (shows confidence in him). Perry is a very quality RB who has the talent to start for this team in time. He will see action on 3rd downs and steal a few carries, but it wont be a 50/50 split.

If Rudi blows up and has a great year, you would think that the Bengals would resign him. But if thats also the case, he will be demanding a LOT of money. I dont think they can afford both him and Perry at RB. If Rudi has a bad year, he would be very cheap to sign, but Perry may end up beating him out

All that said, he looked very very good so far this preseason against some very good D's (NE and TB). He looks much quicker to the line then I remember, and was able to break through several tackles....He looked like the real deal.

I know that doesnt really solve anything, but it is a pretty complicated situation. He has the skills, but also has a 1st round pick looking over his shoulder. I do believe that he will be a starting RB in the NFL next year, I just dont know if it will be on the Bengals.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Guru » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:04 pm

I love Rudi this year.

The guy has alot of talent, and I think the Cinn O-line is a top 10 rushing line.

As long as Perry just comes in on third and long plays, then Rudi will have a great year. It's hard to predict how much Perry will effect Rudi this year.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AGENT » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:03 pm

I think Rudi will only get in on one play this year and it will be at the end of the game. Infact I am willing to bet he lines up at DE and gets a sack on the last play of the game. B-)
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:10 am

bump
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Next

Return to Football Talk