Opinions of Rudi J? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Opinions of Rudi J?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guinness13 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:48 am

I see it as Rudi pounding the ball on first, second and on short third downs. Perry will spell him every now and then and also be the third and long back ;-D
10 to 1 it is Guinness Time!!
Guinness13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aussieboy » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:59 am

goleafsgo96 wrote:Dont compare game to game, look at his overall stats.

951 yards rushing in 9 games started.

They drafted Perry because he is the future.. Rudi is now. He makes a very good second back for this year at least IMO. At the end of his contract i can see him going to a RB needy team, Oakland maybe?

I think this is a mistake. Unfortunately in H2H leagues its the game by game stats that matter, not the overall stats. If someone rushes for 400 yards in 5 games, and 200 of those came in 1 game, then the player is not as useful as someone who has the same rushing yards over the same number of games, but gets an average 80 yards per game. That's where looking at overall stats can be misleading.

Rudi's good games came against Seattle, Houston, KC and SF. Those teams ranked 14th, 31st, 30th and 9th against the run last yr. Against Seattle he averaged 3.7ypc, granted he played well against SF.

If you take out those 4 good games Rudi had last yr, his results arent that flattering. In other games where he rushed at least 10 times his yards per carry was 3.3. Once again not that flattering.

I don't think the Bengals are sold on Rudi. I wouldnt be surprised to see a mini RBBC.

Rudi is one of those RB that are going in the 2nd round just because people want two RB by the end of the 2nd round. He does not represent value in that round in my opinion. Id be much more inclined to go for a top WR in the 2nd round and pass on RB like Rudi and get a RB in the 3rd or even 4th who have as much or only slightly less upside than Rudi.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:10 am

AGENT wrote:I think Rudi will only get in on one play this year and it will be at the end of the game. Infact I am willing to bet he lines up at DE and gets a sack on the last play of the game. B-)

good one...

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk