get your trade proposal accepted!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

get your trade proposal accepted!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:24 pm

Well what were the trades? Maybe the other guy was right to take the trade? :-b

I dunno, I'd say you were lucky. I dont think most peeople would think that way. But whatever works, right? ;-D ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Halcyon » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:41 am

I think it's an ok strategy if the first offer is pretty fair. It'll look good by comparison to the second one, and maybe he'll reoffer it. To have it work twice in a row is pretty lucky though.
Halcyon Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BGbootha » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:07 am

personally i thought both ended up being fair.

one league was his A.Johnson, Dunn and Farve for my Culpepper, Givens and M. Morris (he had moss and was dying for culpepper, plus talked him into the fact he needed to handcuff alexander)

the other his Vick/C. Brown (he finished the draft with 5 qbs) for my Dunn / T. Jones.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Impressionable » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:11 am

bgbootha wrote:personally i thought both ended up being fair.

one league was his A.Johnson, Dunn and Farve for my Culpepper, Givens and M. Morris (he had moss and was dying for culpepper, plus talked him into the fact he needed to handcuff alexander)

the other his Vick/C. Brown (he finished the draft with 5 qbs) for my Dunn / T. Jones.

Exactly, a fair trade is a fair trade. What you did wouldn't have worked if the person didn't like the original trade. I think you may be overthinking this abit, I don't see them necessarily rejecting it straight up in the first place, I think you just took a few extra steps.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk