Emmit looks horrible, bring on Scobey!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Emmit looks horrible, bring on Scobey!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Emmit looks horrible, bring on Scobey!!!

Postby Patsy Player » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:23 pm

Seriously......Grampa Emmit...please step aside.
Patsy Player
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Favre.com » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:44 pm

anyone with half a brain knew that the Emmit signing was a publicity stunt to try to get the seats filled. He is old and washed up and needs to be replaced, Shipp (IMO) is an amazing talent but with his injury I'd rather see Scobey.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:42 am

I would hesitate to call Shipp an amazing talent, but he was a better option than Ol Emmitt. I'm liking Scobey as a sleeper, but it depends on how Zona plans to use Damien Andersen.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby littletank » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:59 am

Being a Kstate grad, I would love seeing Scobey playing. I think he definately has the talent to do well.
littletank
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Impressionable » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:38 am

IRON CHEF wrote:I would hesitate to call Shipp an amazing talent, but he was a better option than Ol Emmitt. I'm liking Scobey as a sleeper, but it depends on how Zona plans to use Damien Andersen.

Ugh, I just don't see someone who would normally be 4th on the depth chart behind Shipp, Emmitt, and Anderson as a huge sleeper. He has talent, but everyone in the NFL has talent. If you're drafting him to expect much at all, I wouldn't hold my breath.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Guru » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:58 am

Anyone know what game week Shipp is expected to come back in?
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aussieboy » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:22 am

Im wondering whether or not I should pick up Scobey off WW.

I think its only a matter of time before Emmitt either gets injured or is replaced.

Shipp's injured has him sidelined for 8-12weeks, that was around 3 or so weeks ago i think. His injury is quite serious. So if Scobey does claim the #1 RB role will he be able to hold off Shipp when Shipp returns?
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GMoney » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:03 am

i truely think that if arizona can put otgeather anything that looks like a running game shipp is done for.... i have no faith in his ability to come back and regain a backup job even.

its not like LT is injured and as soon as the man was relatively healhty they would start him and put up with some bad games until hes fully recovered....

shipp will have to spend weeks and weeks in practice trying to prove to green that he is better than everyone else.... and by that time its way to late for him in my opinion.....
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Favre.com » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:43 pm

GMoney wrote:i truely think that if arizona can put otgeather anything that looks like a running game shipp is done for.... i have no faith in his ability to come back and regain a backup job even.

its not like LT is injured and as soon as the man was relatively healhty they would start him and put up with some bad games until hes fully recovered....

shipp will have to spend weeks and weeks in practice trying to prove to green that he is better than everyone else.... and by that time its way to late for him in my opinion.....

Yeah, I don't agree with this at all. Look at Shipp's current production, he is clearly the future, before Emmit he WAS the starter, now some guy that no one has ever seen would come in and you think they will just give the job to him? Shipp comes back = he is the MAIN GUY. Hes proven, for the most part a lot more then Scobey and unless Scobey puts up monster numbers (like Rudi Jonhson did in Dillon's absense) Shipp will be the feature back asap.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby AGENT » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:23 pm

The question I have is who will be the better producer this year. Andrson or Scobey. I picked up Scobey off the waiver wire hoping he will get a chance to be the man once Emmitt gets hurt
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk