McGahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

McGahee

Postby badass32 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:28 am

anyone know if henry's injury is bad enough to warrent mcgahee a spot in the lineup or even a start?
http://imgmywebpage.netscape.com/Smackthefirst/Deuce-Barlow-Sig.jpg/img
badass32
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby xJoeV55x » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:28 am

Nope, Henry will be there Week 1
Go 9ers
xJoeV55x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FltMech » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:34 am

I am 90% certian Henry will be the starter all year barring any injury. Travis is coming of an all-pro year, willis still has quite a bit to prove and I dont think he is even playing at the leval he played at in collage. With the type of injury he suffered I think it will be at least one more year before we see him at 100%. Dont get me wrong, Willis will get some carries, but it will only be as a breather for Travis. You also have to remember the injury's Travis played through last year, bruised ribs will not keep him from starting week one.
FltMech
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fern » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:09 pm

saw this over at footballguys:

Aug 28, 2004, 15:34
Bills - Henry/McGahee "Battle" Much Ado About Nothing
Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com - [Full Article]

Travis Henry is going to be the Bills' starter. The Bills honestly feel that McGahee still isn't 100 percent recovered from his catastrophic knee surgery, and won't be until sometime around October. Henry is their guy and McGahee, who is still misreading some holes, will get "touches" as the backup.

Nothing official but thats how I see it playing out.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Opinion Ape » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:12 pm

FltMech wrote:I am 90% certian Henry will be the starter all year barring any injury. Travis is coming of an all-pro year, willis still has quite a bit to prove and I dont think he is even playing at the leval he played at in collage. With the type of injury he suffered I think it will be at least one more year before we see him at 100%. Dont get me wrong, Willis will get some carries, but it will only be as a breather for Travis. You also have to remember the injury's Travis played through last year, bruised ribs will not keep him from starting week one.

You are 100% correct. The Bills don't even expect McGahee to be at 95% until mid-season, at best. He'll get in for a series or three each game, but that's about it. Maybe if Henry has to have an arm re-attached, or open heart surgery, he'll miss a week. Otherwise: Travis is da man, and he plays hurt.

Sorry to be posting on so many of these McGahee/Henry threads, but I simply can't believe the disrespect being shown to Henry, particularly those who don't recognize what a warrior he is, as well as the poor understanding of what McGahee is trying to rehab from. I admit it: I'm a Bills fan. I wish every player on the team had Henry's guts and heart.
Opinion Ape
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk