Q Griffin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Q Griffin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Q Griffin

Postby kc191919 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:02 pm

I know all the pros and cons of Q's size and abilities. But he also seems to me that he could be a great Swing back (WR/RB). I am in need of another WR should i trade Q for a #3 WR or keep him around on my bench....I have Rudi Johnson and Marshall Faulk, and Steven Jackson...should i trade Q or hold on to him?
kc191919
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shockers » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:11 pm

now with mike andersons injury, imo q-tip's stock rises. he doesn't have to worry about getting goal line carries stolen from him (by anderson atleast). it also secures him as a starter in week one. denver is expecting big things out of tatum bell, but with the hold out and his finger injury, they have not had a chance to look at him yet. it's q-tip's job to lose right now, and we all now what a rb factory denver has been in the past. i say hang on to him!
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:26 pm

IMO having Faulk and S. Jackson = 1 player since SJ won't be a factor until Faulk get hurt. If you trade away Q-tip, that would leave you with just 2 RB's and that would suck on bye weeks. I'd keep him as a quality backup RB/part time starter like when Rudi plays Baltimore twice this year.

P. S. Post #1000! :-]
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:34 pm

I like Q a lot for this year. Anderson is hurt, so he should see more goalline work. Bell didnt look all that great in his first preseaon game and is now a couple months behind everyone. The job is for sure Q's.

I would actually look to trade Faulk. SJ may get more carries than people think, and if they want to keep Faulk healthy, they may pull him on short yardage and goalline situations.

That may hurt your RB depth by doing so, but I think SJ is a decent bye week fill in if he's getting 10-15 touches a game. If you trade Q, like said before, you are really hurting on the bye weeks.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk