Kitna - Any chance? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kitna - Any chance?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kitna - Any chance?

Postby Mason » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:25 pm

Does Kitna have any chance of becoming the starting QB, barring injury to Palmer? I picked him up last year mid-season and he was huge for me.
Mason
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:32 pm

apparently the bengals really want carson in there. they named him the starter before camp even started. he would have to be extremely terrible for kitna to get a shot. unless he gets hurt. but theres no point trying to predict that
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:03 pm

The way Palmer has played so far this pre-season I just don't see Kitna starting unless Palmer is injured. Too bad because I thought Kitna did well last year and earned a shot at starting, but the coaching staff had Palmer penciled in as the starter before last year's seaon ended.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BGbootha » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:15 pm

should he get a chance - ABSOLUTELY

now will he get a chance - no way in he!!

football politics at its best. who cares if you don't have the best team out there. Keep the $ coming in and that is Palmer
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Monty » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:24 pm

IMO the only way Palmer wont start is if BOTH his arms fall off
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:01 pm

Palmer is adored by cinci's staff, and like bgbootha said, he's highly invested upon to be holding a clipboard on the sidelines. KItna had a career year, and he deserves to start, but that doesn't mean he will, and unfortunately, it might affect everyones status and value in Cincinnati.
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:18 pm

The only way Kitna will see time, barring injury, is if Palmer absolutely implodes the first few games. The thing I have noted about Palmer that is different from other "new" young QB's stepping in is that he has a load of talent and a decent line surrounding him upon his start...unlike Couch, Carr, Brees, and Harrington as of late.

I think Palmer will do very well this year 20+TDs and 3,000 yards. Interceptions is anyone's guess since it's his first year starting and he will make mistakes.

This is my argument for why Bulger (I'll use the phrase loosely) "did so well." His line WAS great, and he had talent all around him. But he threw just as many INTs, telling me that he is making a pile of mistakes, and leading me to believe that his talent is inflated because of those around him making him look better.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:33 pm

This is my argument for why Bulger (I'll use the phrase loosely) "did so well." His line WAS great, and he had talent all around him. But he threw just as many INTs, telling me that he is making a pile of mistakes, and leading me to believe that his talent is inflated because of those around him making him look better.

Nice observation, and I agree with you there. Even though it's off-topic, IMO, Bulger is more hype than talent.
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk