Can C. Dillion Catch? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can C. Dillion Catch?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can C. Dillion Catch?

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:43 pm

I believe the ball is in his court to make that most of this opportunity with NE in regards to running the ball. But with NE's love to throw, does he figure into the passing game at all?
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:52 pm

ya he does. I think he will do well in the NE offense and catch quite a few screens and dump offs.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:55 pm

Part of the reason the Bengals released him was becasue of his POOR receiving skills...He was a work in progress with the whole catching thing last season...Im sure he is concerned about since his QB loves to throw the ball...Kevin Faulk is a MUCH better receiver than Dillon though... He will probably come in for those passing plays...Sorry to say i just dont see dillon catching many balls...
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:00 pm

Ok, thank you..one for each side...any other thoughts or stats?
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby Flux » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:49 pm

Dillon is not known for his receiving skills by any means. But last offseason he really worked hard on it and there were a couple times where Marvin Lewis said he was extremely impressed by Dillons receiving skills out of the backfield and that he didnt drop a pass all practice.

He wont put up 75-100 receptions like LT or Priest, but I think he can manage 50 or so
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby drocto » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:56 pm

I think Belichick will demand that he learns how to catch the ball well or they'll have to split downs in the backfield. Therefore, if he doesn't show aptitude for catching the ball early in the season, it will hurt his overall numbers because Belichick can't only put Faulk in on passing plays, it will give away whether the play is a pass or a run.

That's my two cents. Good luck.
drocto
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby drocto » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:56 pm

I think Belichick will demand that he learns how to catch the ball well or they'll have to split downs in the backfield. Therefore, if he doesn't show aptitude for catching the ball early in the season, it will hurt his overall numbers because Belichick can't only put Faulk in on passing plays, it will give away whether the play is a pass or a run.

That's my two cents. Good luck.
drocto
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:09 pm

Dillon isn't an excellent pass catcher, or exactly decent, or maybe even average, but to be successful in NE, he will HAVE to learn how to catch better. If he improves at all, even if not significantly, he will ctch roughly 40-50 balls this season, according to my cheat sheets. Especially since there is no 1 immensly talented reciever in NE, which will accumulate more catches, or at least passes thrown his way, when the recievers do not always get open, forcing Brady to dump it off.
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:37 pm

Yeah, I asked about this in a previous topic. I was more concerned about yardage though. In 2002 he had about 300 yards receiving. Hopefully he will be able to get that and a little more with this offense. If he can add 400-500 yards receiving (along with 1100-1300 yds rushing), then he should be one of the best #2's you could have.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk