Define the term "upside..." - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Define the term "upside..."

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tman570 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:53 pm

BlitzBoyz wrote:
Barlow has a chance at being the #1 FF RB this season

Ummm yeah. I have a chance at sleeping with Jennifer Lopez too... but I'm not counting on that either.

lol good one. for the record I would rather have concistancy over upside, give me Bruce over some WR with alot of upside.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlitzBoyz » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:00 pm

I think you need both on your team... the dependable guys who will get you the steady points week in and week out, as well as the guys who you just have a good feeling about who blow up and win your weekend for you.

Having that 9th round WR go for 120 yds and 2 TD's makes a big difference. Of course, you have to have the guts to be starting him when it happens...
You live and learn - or you don't live long.
BlitzBoyz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby aussieboy » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:22 pm

I prefer drafting guys who havent yet proven themselves but have good upside over steady consistent players.

Id rather draft a guy like Stallworth over a Bruce. In my opinion Bruce will barely reach 1000 yards with around 5TD this yr. I will not really use someone like that in my starting roster, id rather draft someone like Stallworth who could break out and give me a 1300 10TD season. Sure Stallworth could not breakout and then give me mediocre numbers, but in that case i dont think im really that worse off, since i wouldnt really be starting Bruce much anyway.

Thats my philosophy anyway.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bowie » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:30 am

Depending on availability, I like to draft safe, proven, dependable players for my starters. I tend to fill my bench with risky picks with upside and hope a couple will break out and take over starter roles (i.e. for a bench receiver I'll take a Stallworth over Bruce).
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk