Shut that kid up !!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Shut that kid up !!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shut that kid up !!!

Postby Homeless » Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:01 pm

DETROIT - A former Northwest Airlines flight attendant was charged with assault for allegedly putting a prescription depressant in a toddler's apple juice to stop her crying on an international flight.

Daniel Reed Cunningham, 33, also was charged Thursday with distributing a controlled substance on the Aug. 25 flight from Amsterdam to Detroit.

Arraignment was set for Tuesday for Cunningham, who is not in custody, the U.S. attorney's office said.

The girl's mother, Beate Turner, told FBI (news - web sites) special agent Terry Booth that Cunningham seemed upset when her 19-month-old daughter became restless and began squirming and crying on the flight. Cunningham offered the apple juice three times before Turner accepted, according to the agent's affidavit. The girl suffered no serious injury.

Turner later noticed the juice was bitter and foamy and had blue and white specks floating in it. Ten days after the flight, she took the juice to University Laboratories in Novi, which confirmed the presence of Xanax, a prescription medication used to treat panic attacks and anxiety, the FBI said.

The drug's side effects include lightheadedness, fatigue and drowsiness. The Food and Drug Administration (news - web sites) hasn't approved it for children, the agency said.

Cunningham has denied drugging the child in statements to the FBI. He did not return a telephone message left Friday at a listing for him, and his attorney, Neil Fink, declined comment.

Cunningham also has been charged with importing more than 100 tablets of a non-narcotic controlled substance into the United States on a different flight in October. The tablets included Xanax and Valium.

Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Roseman » Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:14 pm

Hey the Flight Attendent might not have done it there was probably a hundred suspects on that that flight. You know what I mean if you have ever been on a flight with a crying baby.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby fntsyrookie » Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:29 pm

Well I woulda tossed the damn kid out the window, so she's lucky he was on the flight instead of me. Of course I'm just kidding...kinda. :-)
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:00 pm

yeah... kidding... ;-7
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:55 pm

Roseman wrote:Hey the Flight Attendent might not have done it there was probably a hundred suspects on that that flight. You know what I mean if you have ever been on a flight with a crying baby.

oh yeah, you've got that right
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:51 pm

isn't that what they make those overhead storage compartments for? i mean, they're soundproof, right??? hehehe
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Re: Shut that kid up !!!

Postby thelongestyard » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:56 pm

Homeless wrote:

Turner later noticed the juice was bitter and foamy and had blue and white specks floating in it. Ten days after the flight, she took the juice to University Laboratories in Novi, which confirmed the presence of Xanax

Hmmm. If you notice something suspicious about juice your child is drinking, do you really wait 10 days to check it out..... :-o
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kashikis » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:40 am

tly thats what i was thinking, i think this lady is just out to get some $$$

by the way pass the apple juice this way hehehe
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:45 am

Slowkidz wrote:isn't that what they make those overhead storage compartments for? i mean, they're soundproof, right??? hehehe

lmao!!!!.....well the kid was prob just a pissed off Steeler fan!!!....maybe he was sad to see slash go?!?!...na!!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk