Does Onterrio Smith rise in your rankings? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Does Onterrio Smith rise in your rankings?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does Onterrio Smith rise in your rankings?

Postby BeefSandwiches » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:02 pm

With the potential of Bennet being out until Week 5 (http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.2767 - I know it's speculation, but it could happen), would you put Onterrio Smith a little higher on your rankings? While Bennet is recovering, Onterrio is 100% and hopefully hitting the weight room between bong hits so logic may say that he will be in better shape come week 6.

Any thoughts?
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GMoney » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:07 pm

o smith has a 4 week suspension too.... so he wont be playing either.... moe williams just warranted a draft even in a yardage league... will be very startable for the first month of the year.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:25 pm

Ditto. Onterrio Smith's value is low. Moe Williams is is of fair to good value, and rising. Not a #1 or clear #2 back for the fantasy lineup, but okay in a pinch until Bennett and Smith come back. Basically, even with the two of them out, I'd give it a week to see how Moe looks and whether they run the other guy (what's his name?) too. If Moe looks good as the feature back, even temporarily, then he's worth a start.

The thing to remember with injuries and suspensions is this:
Objects in motion tend to stay in motion. And vice versa.

So what that means to fantasy football is that Moe's value could stay as it is for the first few weeks of the season a lot longer if the Bennett injury lingers and/or if Smith's problems continue, which they very well could in both cases.

So I think Moe easily warrants a draft pick and a roster spot.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby xJoeV55x » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:15 pm

Ya i drafted Big Moe, Because the most important thing in Fantasy Football is starting off strong and I think Moe as my 3rd flex can really help me out for the first few weeks,
Go 9ers
xJoeV55x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:17 pm

The MRI on Michael Bennett revealed a second-degree sprain of the MCL in Bennett's right knee. The Star-Tribune reports that Bennett could miss the first two games of the regular season. It seems a given that he will miss at least one game.

Also read that Bennett was 50% likely for opening day and most likely would play, 75%, in week 2. Since Onterrio is out for 4 weeks his value is low and I think Tice probably had a doghouse built and waiting on him. I also read that rookie RB Mwelde Moore was moved to the #2 position ahead of Moe, but I seriously doubt that is true.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Chuckles » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:45 pm

I picked up Moe off waivers when I found out Bennett was out for a game...makes it even sweeter if he's out longer!!! That'll be a nice flex option indeed!
Chuckles
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk