X-Game #3 thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

X-Game #3 thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

X-Game #3 thoughts

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:54 pm

I'll keep this short and focused on players with fantasy potential.
Kevin Jones looked great against the Ravens D. He seems to get through the hole balanced and in stride, ready to burst should there be an opening. Makes great reads and, unlike other Leo backs, doesn't hesitate. Definitely worth a high draft choice, should be a solid #2 RB.
Rogers was throw to twice, making a nice grab in heavy traffic. Joey overthrew the other in the end zone.
Roy Williams caught his first passes in a Lions uni, hauling in 3 of 6 passes thrown his way. Didn't look timid as in game 2, didn't miss anything he should've caught. This man is going to get lots of YAC! He looked too big and strong for a tough Ravens secondary to handle. If Joey ever gets his act together, look out!
Harrington looked like he does, very erratic. He hasn't shown any touch or timing and looked scared out there, rushing many passes. There is a reason the man is so hard to sack. The Lions offense should have scored a couple of TDs with competent QB-ing. This could be a real problem for this offense this season.
Also as a deep sleeper, TE Fitzsimmons once again caught whatever was thrown to him and I am having a hard time not thinking that he may have some fantasy value. He runs good routes, finding openings, and has great hands. Could just be homeristic thinking though.
Barring injury news I won't bore you easily amused people with a game 4 posting as the last X-game is of no value. Good luck!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:31 am

Thanks for the summary moochman, I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday. ;-D
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Detroit Lions