Is this collusion? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is this collusion?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is this collusion?

Postby Rattay to Lloyd » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:38 am

Just joined a "friendly" league. Only $30 a team so I wanted to be sure before I questioned this trade. 2 of the guys that know each other previously did this trade right after the draft was finished and I think it reeks. Just lookin for confirmation. Or am I just paranoid?

Team A gets C. Chambers, D. Foster and J. Plummer.

Team B gets S. Smith, F. Taylor and C. Pennington.

Aren't all 3 Team B guys better than their respective positional counterpart? Don't understand at all what Team A would be lookin for? This is a very bad way to start this league off, right?
Rattay to Lloyd
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:41 am

ya thats looking pretty bad. Id call them on it and see what your fellow league members say
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tennessee Ridge Runn » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:43 am

if it smells like DS, and taste like DS, it must be DS !
The Road Goes On Forever,
And The Party Never Ends !
Tennessee Ridge Runn Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Is this collusion?

Postby aussieboy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:46 am

Rattay to Lloyd wrote:Just joined a "friendly" league. Only $30 a team so I wanted to be sure before I questioned this trade. 2 of the guys that know each other previously did this trade right after the draft was finished and I think it reeks. Just lookin for confirmation. Or am I just paranoid?

Team A gets C. Chambers, D. Foster and J. Plummer.

Team B gets S. Smith, F. Taylor and C. Pennington.

Aren't all 3 Team B guys better than their respective positional counterpart? Don't understand at all what Team A would be lookin for? This is a very bad way to start this league off, right?

That trade is shocking

Smith>Chambers
Fred Taylor>>>>>Foster
Penington>Plummer

Veto that, and impose trading bans on both those teams for trying to cheat.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby krazymop » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:48 am

i would certainly protest this trade. taylor and foster are not even in the same league. trading a starting rb for a backup is a major indicator of collusion. it appears they tried to offset this by throwing in two other guys. its hard to argue collusion for smith and chambers. pennington and plumber is hard to argue as well.

so what you have is basically a wash at wr and qb. whats left is basically a trade for taylor for foster. nobody in their right mind would trade taylor for foster. therefore i would have to think these two owners are colluding.
krazymop
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:50 am

seems really weird :-?

I dont see how anyone could justify that trade
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby veg3ta21 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:56 am

what about

clinton portis and santana moss

for

stephen davis, eric moulds, keyshawn johnson

not as bad as the trade above....but when i saw it i was wtf??

clinton portis >>> stephen davis
santana moss > eric moulds AND keyshawn johnson
veg3ta21
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

collusion

Postby Snatch1414 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:01 am

the first trade at the top is obscene and shouldn't be allowed. the portis/s. moss trade seems like a possible case of collusion too, but don't jump the gun. it also looks like one of your owners could possibly be very dumb. if that's the case you cannot veto that trade (I had a problem with this in a fantasy hockey league, where my friend and I tried to take advantage of dumb owners and the trades always got vetoed). if the trade is legit, even if one owner doesn't know what the hell he's doing, it can't be called unfair just because one owner made a helluva deal.
Snatch1414
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

collusion

Postby Snatch1414 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:02 am

the first trade at the top is obscene and shouldn't be allowed. the portis/s. moss trade seems like a possible case of collusion too, but don't jump the gun. it also looks like one of your owners could possibly be very dumb. if that's the case you cannot veto that trade (I had a problem with this in a fantasy hockey league, where my friend and I tried to take advantage of dumb owners and the trades always got vetoed). if the trade is legit, even if one owner doesn't know what the hell he's doing, it can't be called unfair just because one owner made a helluva deal.
Snatch1414
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:15 am

In mostly all leagues, owners would never let the trade pass...i

if the trade has gone through, Speak to the other owners and the commish...More than likely nobody else should feel like the trade is fair to the crappy team no to mention the entire league and its integrity.Resulting in vetoeing the trade.

If the trade hasnt been approved yet, GET A POSSE TOGETHER and deny, deny, deny.

Actually is vetoeing and not approving a trade the same thing...

To answer your question...Nobody is sure if this is COLLUSION. the owner just might be stupid...That is why the other owners in the league and commish are involved in "trade fairness"...In this case, if the owner is stupid, The other owners will protect him by preventing the trade.

If you find out that there was COLLUSION between the two owners "trade restrictions"between the two of them should be enforced.

FINALLY, dont let these cheaters have their way. dont be a doormat to their weak and blatant strategies.

BOTTOM LINE DONT TAKE SHIT>>>GIVE IT....

IF ALL ELSE FAILS dont pay or ask for your money back and make it a free league.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk