Chiefs-Steelers Talks Finally Coming to Fruition - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chiefs-Steelers Talks Finally Coming to Fruition

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:46 am

Tavish wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Holliday is the man, I wish he would come back to GB.

After the season he had last year, the Chiefs are probably wishing he would go back to GB as well. ;-)

LOL, his 5 sack game vs. Buffalo was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen from a DE.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:05 pm

I would do Holiday and a #2 for either a MLB or a nice WR....Jared Allen or Jimmy Wilkerson would be better than Vonnie....Allen has displayed a great knack for getting to the QB in the preseason....Holliday is a good run stuffer, who honestly seems like his game is suited for DT

I dont know if I want Plax though....too many obstavles like getting a grasp on the CHeifs O, est abliching rapport with Trent Green, and generally being a jackass which Vermeil doesnt stand for. DV doesnt even like Johnnie Morton much and he isnt half the character Plax is.

Give me a MLB or a CB for Holliday/#2
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:34 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Tavish wrote:

After the season he had last year, the Chiefs are probably wishing he would go back to GB as well. ;-)

LOL, his 5 sack game vs. Buffalo was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen from a DE.

He had a good game in last seasons opener against SD ( 3 sack 5 tackles). After that he completely disappeared and looked downright pathetic in long stretches.

I agree with the last poster, Holliday plus a #2 pick (or even a #1, its not like the Chiefs get much out of high picks anyways) to address one of the big needs would be a great move. Sims could move outside and do just as well as Holliday.
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:46 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
Ek wrote:I can't see giving up a 1st and 2nd for a player who was arguably one of the worst starting WRs in the NFL last season, no matter how much "upside" he has. How about adding a defensive player or eleven? Also, if there really was a pro-Eagles conspiracy, wouldn't they have at least been able to get them to the Super Bowl one of these years? I mean, the NBA pretty much handpicks the teams for the Finals and gets 'em almost every year.

Edit: I'd like to comment that I'm pleased that my 150th post bashes Plax, who was an utter waste of my fourth-round pick last year.

See, the game at least has to be close in order for the refs to push them over the top. If the refs make it too obvious as to what they're doing, they could lose their job. Like in the Green Bay game. A questionable spot or two, and voila, the Eagles win the game. But look at Philly vs. Carolina. Philly didn't stand a chance in that game even before McNabb got hurt. The refs would have made even more absurd calls than they did in Green Bay to push the Eagles over the top in that one.

Philly's offense finished 18th in the league. Their defense finished 20th. So how in the hell did they win 12 games? I mean, Dallas' offense finished 16th in the league, and their defense finished 1st, yet they only win 10?

I'm too lazy right now to do the research, but something tells me not too many teams that finish 18th on offense and 20th on defense win 12 games and advance to the NFC Championship Game. Something else is going on here.

Now obviously these stats do not PROVE that there is a conspiracy, and although I truly believe there is one, I don't think it's out of the question to at least consider it to be a possibility.
Let me guess, we didn't really land on the moon either.

Hey, there is actually ALOT of evidence to suggest there was actually NO moon landing. The pictures are fake and without the pictures there really is NO hard evidence that anyone was ever on the moon. I'm not saying I believe the moon landing didn't happen. But I do believe the pictures are fake.

As for Plax, I really don't see this trade happening. And if it does.....I'm screwed, if you can believe it Maddox is a starting QB for me in my money league. 2 QB league but still wouldn't be good having Plax on another team.

And sure, I'll go with that. The cowboys can't beat the Eagles for the division because the league doesn't want them to. OK, I'm fine with that. :-D
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:23 pm

We have two threads in one here basically and its incredibly confusing
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:24 pm

I know, this is the third time I've tried to get the Cowboys fans to stop hijacking this thread.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:15 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I know, this is the third time I've tried to get the Cowboys fans to stop hijacking this thread.

Your anti cowboyism is becoming tiresome. I've simply said something to the contrary that someone else has stated and then went right back on topic. It's not only cowboy fans that are discussing off topic. And I'm certainly not discussing off topic. I got back to the thread after I said my peace. It's really a bears fan, a cowboys fan and a Titans fan that are talking about something else. Why you always have to blame a cowboys fan is beyond me. Like I said it's getting tiresome.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:17 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Tavish wrote:

BTW, Mr. Cheesehead, is this on topic? I don't see any mention of Plax in this post. Threads more often than not get a little off topic. And like I said before, believe it or not it's not always the big bad cowboy fans that do it.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:45 pm

I have no grudge against Cowboy fans, I have a grudge against conspiracy theories about why the Cowboys don't ever win the NFC East. At least Vonnie Holliday has something to do with a Chiefs-Steelers deal, unlike the NFL wants Philly to win arguements.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:57 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I have no grudge against Cowboy fans, I have a grudge against conspiracy theories about why the Cowboys don't ever win the NFC East. At least Vonnie Holliday has something to do with a Chiefs-Steelers deal, unlike the NFL wants Philly to win arguements.

So why then did you single out the cowboys fans when it was clearly a cowboys fan a bears fan and a titnas fan talking about the Conspiracy theory. I believe even a packers fan came on and AGREED something was fishy. You have an anti cowboys hate on and I've seen it in many threads before. And I never said anything about the Eagles winning because of a Conspiracy. So It's only ONE cowboys fan. Not Cowboys FANS.

And they never win the NFC East? I do remember them winning 5 super bowls and losing 3 more. Getting to the super bowl 8 times and never winning their division. They must be playing possum during the season. :-?
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk