Chicago win total - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chicago win total

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chicago win total

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:33 am

Thanks for the forum Arlo.

Lets kick this thing off!

The over/under on Chicago wins for the year is set at 6 1/2. That's a pretty big number.

The over is -125 and the under is -115.

Anyone think that Chicago has a hope in hell of reaching 7 wins?

I don't.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:39 am

They have a chance of reaching 7 wins, but I would definetly not be ballsy enough to bet on it. They are the weakest team in that division, and they will lose at least 4 of their inter-divisional games.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:48 am

This is their schedule

Detroit 1:00pm
Sep 19 @Green Bay 1:00pm
Sep 26 @Minnesota 1:00pm
Oct 3 Philadelphia 1:00pm
Week 5 BYE
Oct 17 Washington 1:00pm
Oct 24 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Oct 31 San Francisco 8:30pm
Nov 7 @N.Y. Giants 4:05pm
Nov 14 @Tennessee 1:00pm
Nov 21 Indianapolis 1:00pm
Nov 25 @Dallas 4:35pm
Dec 5 Minnesota 1:00pm
Dec 12 @Jacksonville 1:00pm
Dec 19 Houston 1:00pm
Dec 26 @Detroit 1:00pm
Jan 2 Green Bay

They will probably win at home against SF. But that is the only thing close to a sure thing on their sched.

Lions at home maybe and on the road in Detroit maybe. They are significant underdogs in every other game. I don't even see 4 wins there.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:50 am

I dunno, they have chances against NYG, Washington, and Houston. Plus there will always be those fluke games that they win.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:58 am

they also have a very young DET team at home in the 1st week, and I easily could see DET having a week or so of growing pains before meshing.

That is one tough schedule and CHI doesnt have any real WR threat at the moment.

I would say they wont win 7, but it should be close
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:04 am

I dunno. I think that they only have a chance in 5 games. Detroit x2, SF, Giants and Houston and 2 of those are on the road.

I don't know why more people are taking the over (over is -125 and under is only -115).

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:34 am

I'd definitely take the under on that. They have a really tough schedule, and they just flat-out aren't very good anyway. At most I think they could pick up five wins, but I think a 4-12 season is in the works.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:41 am

Flux wrote:I would say they wont win 7, but it should be close

I think that's why the oddsmakers put the figures where they do! :-b

I would agree under; their defense is OK, but their offense is nothing like Baltimore or NE's. They'd need that to compete. Plus, they have plenty of good teams to play in-division which will spell more defeats than wins.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:10 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Flux wrote:I would say they wont win 7, but it should be close

I think that's why the oddsmakers put the figures where they do! :-b

I would agree under; their defense is OK, but their offense is nothing like Baltimore or NE's. They'd need that to compete. Plus, they have plenty of good teams to play in-division which will spell more defeats than wins.

lol, i swear im not that stupid :-b :-)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:45 pm

I'd take under as well, but I expect about 5 or 6 wins.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk